Smoked Wagyu chuck roasts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Wagyu chuck roasts!

I’m giving something new a try today. Have about 15 people coming over this evening and wanted to smoke some meat, but didn’t have time for brisket. Found some gorgeous Wagyu roasts at H-E-B and decided to give it a shot. Anybody else tried this? Marinated with Allegro Black Pepper at room temp for about 2 hours. Seasoned one with Kosmos Texas Beef and one with Killen’s S&P.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by txheartshot; 05-23-2021, 10:35 AM.

In for the results! Pics, too.

Comment

Wife can not do Wagyu so I am experimenting with other breeds............

Comment

Looking forward to the finished product!

Comment

I do it all the time. Burnt ends, chopped beef, sliced.

Much easier to eat than a full brisket for the wife and I. I do it identical to how I smoke briskets and it’s always great!

Comment

Tag

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thats just a giant tender steak basically.

I did a kobe tri tip seared medium rare. Just a giant Strip steak. Yours will be a giant Ribe Eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                Thats just a giant tender steak basically.

I did a kobe tri tip seared medium rare. Just a giant Strip steak. Yours will be a giant Ribe Eye.

I had a hard time not just reverse searing them, but I’m feeding 15+ people and they don’t all like med rare steak...will definitely be trying it for the wife & I soon.

Comment

Wrapped them in butcher paper at 165*IT, then cooked to 203*IT. Wrapped in towels in my Yeti Roadie to rest a few hours before we serve. We’ll see how it goes! Also getting ready to put 2 baby drunk chickens on.

Comment

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
                    I had a hard time not just reverse searing them, but I’m feeding 15+ people and they don’t all like med rare steak...will definitely be trying it for the wife & I soon.

You letting these “people” that don’t like med rare beef on your property? Just kidding, Im sure either way it will be a juicy masterpiece.

Comment

Cooked them too fast/hot. Didn’t consider how much faster they would get to temp with all of the extra marbling. I cooked them at 250*, next time I’ll do 200-215*. Everyone loved it. It was super tender, just not quite as juicy as I’d prefer. All in all it was a hit. The Killen’s S&P won, hands down.

Comment

The allegro Tennessee whiskey is the best marinade I've ever used. The original does good with fajitas too.

Comment

I cook mine to a max of 165.....

Comment

“Everyone loved it” that’s the verdict you wanted to hear. Sure looks tender and tasty, thanks for posting this recipe.

Comment

How long did you cook them?

Comment

Working...
                              X