X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob Lee Shikari vs. Hoyt Satori

Any opinions or reviews?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Following. I have a bow ordered. Hardcore riser and the cobra limbs.

Comment

The new Bob Lee is ridiculous. I have a couple friends who've been shooting them. Super fast, super quiet, and stable to boot.

I imagine you could match its performance with a Satori riser, and some super curve ILF limbs, but I bet it wouldn't be as quiet. I'm not ordering one, but that's only because I'm not a fan of Bob Lee risers for how I aim and shoot. I'm too used to black widow's ergonomics to change, and with my freakish draw length, I can make up most of the speed difference.

Comment

hey Trumpkin, are your friends shooting Ultimate risers with Cobra limbs or the Shikari riser with Cobras? Trying to find info on whether the Cobras are as quiet and dead on Ultimate stabilock risers as they are on the Shikari riser - appreciated.

Comment

Unless I misunderstood Clay Epperson is shooting the new Bob Lee model. He is laying down a bunch of critters with that bow.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by helical View Post
            hey Trumpkin, are your friends shooting Ultimate risers with Cobra limbs or the Shikari riser with Cobras? Trying to find info on whether the Cobras are as quiet and dead on Ultimate stabilock risers as they are on the Shikari riser - appreciated.
            They are shooting 17" and 19" Hardcore risers, one with Stabilock, one without. It didn't make a difference as far as I know.

Comment

Not sure you can make much of a comparision between an ILF bow and a high end custom recurve. But I'll stay tuned and just listen.

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
                Not sure you can make much of a comparision between an ILF bow and a high end custom recurve. But I'll stay tuned and just listen.
                You're right. A good ILF bow will be cheaper and still shoot better than most high end custom bows. Until you get into super curves... then you just need to spend more on high end ILF limbs!

Comment

Daniel and I shot Rob’s bow today, along with another gentleman’s which had a hardcore riser and cobra limbs. Amazing feel and performance. We have 4 nice Lee bows at home, and if it takes selling all of them to get a Shikari for each of us, we’ll do it. This coming from someone who didn’t think she would ever part with her BL, and still had that thought today, right up until the first arrow. That was all it took, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post
                    Daniel and I shot Rob’s bow today, along with another gentleman’s which had a hardcore riser and cobra limbs. Amazing feel and performance. We have 4 nice Lee bows at home, and if it takes selling all of them to get a Shikari for each of us, we’ll do it. This coming from someone who didn’t think she would ever part with her BL, and still had that thought today, right up until the first arrow. That was all it took, lol.
                    Were they bolt up or stabilock? I've been thinking about up grading my order. Thanks Mike

Comment

I’ve shot the cobra curves on about every riser they offer. My first set was on a bolt up all micarta riser, I put the limbs on my hardcore riser and now I have the Shikari. The limbs are going to perform the same on any riser. They are unbelievably quiet, smooth and fast. I can’t say enough about the limbs. The Shikari is a model, it’s a all micarta riser with and option of an overlay. It will be a stabiloc with the hidden limb bolts. If you want a flashy riser you will have to go with the any of the other riser options they offer. Your welcome to message me if you have any other questions and I’ll try to help ya out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post

I agree 100%. I shot Rob’s bow yesterday as well, and it was amazing. I’ve shot and owned a ton of bows and usually don’t get too excited over any of them really, I mean they are bows and some shoot great, but I would have bought Rob’s Shikari on the spot, if it was for sale. It had a great grip, the draw felt perfect out to my 29.5” draw, and it slung a heavy arrow on a line.

It’ll be my next one.

Comment

I am late to the game on this one. I have never owned a Bob Lee bow and really hadn’t been around anyone who shot one until this year when I was fortunate enough to shoot with Rob Lee and his friends some TBOT shoots. I was really impressed with how quiet and fast the bows are not to mention how well everyone shot them. I really don’t need another bow but I couldn’t help it…just ordered a Hardcore with Cobra Curve limbs with the Stabilock. 62” bow 45# @ 28”

Comment

It really comes down to what limbs you throw on the satori riser.

An ILF setup will always be cheaper, and the tuning options are pretty great.

And no offense to Bob Lee but the resale values haven’t been great in comparison to some other high end custom stuff in my experience either.

Comment

Bob Lee Ultimate, Shikari, or P3 riser with Cobras… all day.

Comment

Working...
                              X