No announcement yet.

TBH Trad Hog Hunt 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had to get me a quiver for the hunt. Trad quivers are high dollar for someone as cheap as I. Picked up a $20 quiver on Amazon and tooled a piece of leather to cover the head of it. Looks way better than black plastic. Click image for larger version

Name:	20210328_184436.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	24648509Click image for larger version

Name:	20210328_184503.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	24648510

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Comment

Bada**

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

Did yall want the fish fry again

Comment

Originally posted by little john View Post
          Did yall want the fish fry again

I'm up for some fish.

Comment

Jay, that quiver looks nice.

Comment

The quiver looks good. Wish I had some kind of talent.

I'd like to thank y'all for letting me tag along on this trip. My memory isn't up to snuff anymore so if y'all don't mind I have some questions.

Is this primitive camping, a lodge or something in-between? What type of hunting? Spot and stalk or over corn? Trying to figure out what I should bring.

Also, I guess I should try and figure out where I'm going and how to get there.

Thanks again fellas.

JC

Comment

Originally posted by coop View Post
                The quiver looks good. Wish I had some kind of talent.

I'd like to thank y'all for letting me tag along on this trip. My memory isn't up to snuff anymore so if y'all don't mind I have some questions.

Is this primitive camping, a lodge or something in-between? What type of hunting? Spot and stalk or over corn? Trying to figure out what I should bring.

Also, I guess I should try and figure out where I'm going and how to get there.

Thanks again fellas.

JC
                There is a lodge, bring a sleeping bag or linen. There are a few stands and you can put out corn if you want, but we have the most fun spot and stalk. Bring plenty of arrows, you may have to put finishing arrows in a hog wounded by someone else. You may also have to take a running shot.

Toody uses a 4 wheeler to retrieve your pigs. He will skin and quarter your pigs for $25 each and put them in the walk-in cooler until you're ready to leave.

Ranch Address
                1633 Co. Rd 1345
                Clarksville, TX 75426

From Clarksville: Take Hwy 37, go south 3.1 miles to Co. Rd 1345, Turn Left and travel 1.5 miles, we are located on the left.

From Texarkana: Take I-30 to exit 199, go right on Hwy 82 to Clarksville.

From Dallas: Take I-30 East to Mt Vernon exit 146, go North on Hwy 37 when you get to the 4-way check your milage and continue appx 11 miles to Co. Rd 1345. Turn Right, go 1.5 miles, we are on the left.
                Last edited by Phillip Fields; 03-30-2021, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Only 3 weeks!

Comment

Be here before you know it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                        Still need lunch for Saturday, since we'll be hunting throughout the day sandwich stuff is probably the best bet. We will also need some firewood.

I was just diagnosed with "Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma", it has metasticed to my lungs and is at stage 4. I started immunotherapy on Thursday last week. I take pills twice a day and will go in for an infusion IV every three weeks. It's leaving me fatigued, but so far I haven't exhibited any of the other possible side effects. I've discussed the trip with my doctor and he is encouraging me to make the trip, assuming I'm physically up to it. I have every intention of making this hunt. Can't wait to see everyone.
                        I had an IV treatment this morning. I seem to be tolerating it without any major side effects other than the weakness. I do have some additional aches and pains. I've gotten the go-ahead from the doctor and am looking forward to seeing everyone.

Comment

Good deal Phillip.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                            I had an IV treatment this morning. I seem to be tolerating it without any major side effects other than the weakness. I do have some additional aches and pains. I've gotten the go-ahead from the doctor and am looking forward to seeing everyone.
                            Sounds great Phillip! When will you guys be heading out?

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Todd View Post
                              Sounds great Phillip! When will you guys be heading out?
                              I'll head down to Lewis' Wednesday and we'll pull out from there Thursday morning.

Comment

That is awesome
                                Can't wait

Comment

Working...
                                X