Borracho beans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
    I'll confirm that they can be made in an instapot and will turn out excellent. I cook beans in it all the time and decided to try this recipe in it this evening. I followed the recipe exactly except for the bacon. I smoked the trimmings and breastbone with meat that I cut off some pork spare ribs. Seasoned it and smoked it for about 3 hours on the pit and I cut that up and used it in the beans.

I put 2# of beans, 3 peppers, 2 tomatoes, a diced head of garlic, a bunch of cilantro, one Shiner Bock, an onion, some salt and about 1/2# of the smoked pork in the instapot and then filled it up to the max fill line with water. Cranked it up and let it cook for an hour and a half and then depressurized it and ate 'em right away. Some of the best beans I have ever cooked.

Instant pot is awesome for cooking dry beans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Wrong - 2 beers - 1 for the cook!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mrneil View Post
        Wrong - 2 beers - 1 for the cook!!!!!!!!
        Wrong again 12 beers and one to cook with!

Comment

Ditto

Comment

They made some dang good refried beans this morning. I fried some potatoes, cooked some migas and refried the leftovers from the borracho beans to go with it. Dang good.

I'll be cooking another pot of 'em this week.

Comment

Its goin down!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

These turned out great!

I did the instapot. It used auto and it cooked for 50 minutes on high. I opened and stirred them and cooked another 40 minutes on low.
                Last edited by TeamAmerica; 12-26-2019, 08:21 AM.

Comment

I made some for Christmas. Used neck bones and one ham hock instead of bacon . Someone ate my bacon ... that someone was me [emoji16]

Comment

I made these again tonight. Only two changes is I used a Pearl beer, and added an additional 2 jalapenos.

Best bean I have ever put in my mouth.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds good

Comment

Just started a pot of beans from this recipe. The house smells like heaven! Everyone keeps asking when they will be ready. Throwing a brisket on the smoker later today for Easter dinner tomorrow. Its gonna be a good day!

Comment

Making these today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What water level are y’all cooking at? Roughly. Water level can affect tbe taste of the beans a lot due to diluting down all the spices.

Going to try these. I love a big ol’ pot of beans.

Comment

Tagged!!

Comment

Gotta try these

Comment

Working...
                                X