New Sturgill Simpson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Sturgill Simpson

His new album, Sound & Fury has been out over a month. If you're strictly a fan of his county music, you might be disappointed. This is some awesome classic/psychedelic rock.

The entire album is the music to a short Japanese anime movie. It's available on Netflix also called Sound & Fury. Not PG.

The first single:
    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpSMoBp8awM"]Sturgill Simpson - Sing Along (Official Video) - YouTube[/ame]

Good stuff! Looking forward to him and Tyler Childers tour this next year!

Comment

I was somewhat of a fan of his earlier stuff but he just seems to be doing kind of a “prog country” thing.

I’m not saying that’s bad by any means but it’s just not doing anything for me.

I recently tuned into Kendell Marvel who has some decent stuff, first actual album was from 2017 with the most recent from this past October. Seems to be a fairly decent writer at least.

Comment

Was a fan. Take it or leave it now.

Speaking of.... Is Jamey Johnson doing anything anymore?
        Last edited by AntlerCollector; 11-08-2019, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          Was a fan. Take it or leave it now.

Speaking of.... Is Jamie Johnson doing anything anymore?
          This above...was a huge fan and not into his latest style. Loved his first couple of albums. Super talented guy!

Comment

Love his stuff, all of it. Pure genius.

Comment

Bought it and couldn’t get through the first listen. Will try again once I wear out the new Tool album.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gherkin05 View Post
                Love his stuff, all of it. Pure genius.
                Spot on

Comment

Hes aguy that could be pure country greatness. He's gonna do what ryan bingham did

Comment

Originally posted by austinRecurve View Post
                    His new album, Sound & Fury has been out over a month. If you're strictly a fan of his county music, you might be disappointed. This is some awesome classic/psychedelic rock.

The entire album is the music to a short Japanese anime movie. It's available on Netflix also called Sound & Fury. Not PG.

The first single:
                    Sturgill Simpson - Sing Along (Official Video) - YouTube

I’m gonna have to check this one out on Netflix.
                    Thanx for the heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

He was on Joe Rogan about a month ago. Good listen. They talk about the making of the album and the movie. Also cool to hear how much of the proceeds of his recent concerts are going to families of some killed in combat. Dude that’s on the show with him has a hell of a story and both are doing good work.

Comment

His new stuff is not near as good as his last album but, I still like it. Just bought tickets this week for his stop in Austin next year. Can’t wait for it!

Comment

I’m a huge Sturgill Simpson fan, but I’m still now sure how I feel about the new album. I’ve listened to it 5-6 times over the last month, and kinda want to turn it off but keep listening.

Comment

Originally posted by CWP View Post
                            He was on Joe Rogan about a month ago. Good listen. They talk about the making of the album and the movie. Also cool to hear how much of the proceeds of his recent concerts are going to families of some killed in combat. Dude that’s on the show with him has a hell of a story and both are doing good work.
                            Yeah, I listened to that too, the whole thing over a couple days. They had some crazy stories on there.

Comment

His older stuff is bad to the bone. I was very disappointed in his latest album but oh well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X