Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new React 1 single pin 100 yard sight from Trophy Ridge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it works like they are advertising, it should take all the guess work out of sighting in your long distance pin set up... It will not replace all the practice time it takes to become consistently accurate at long distances( this statement is brought to you by an inconsistently accurate long distance archer) ... I hate new toys...
    Last edited by Pedernal; 10-02-2013, 03:29 AM.

Comment

My only concern with having a single pin sight is having to adjust for distance where a 5 pin sight you set it and go right? No fiddling with it after you range your target.

I have never shot a single pin so I may be way off base here.

Comment

So what's the difference between this and hha's sight tape?

Comment

Originally posted by giterrell View Post
          I tried looking these up and saw them on Amazon and Wal-Mart for under $60. This is their older model I suppose?

How is the older model(Alpha 1) compare to the new React 1?
          The alpha 1 isn't going to have the smart pin technology. So basically the alpha 1 is a sureloc sportsman special.

Does this new sight have 3rd axis adjustability? If not then it's not worth $200.
          I personally would stick with the black gold single pin with the dove tail to gain the 3rd axis adjustability. It comes with pre-printed sight tapes which are based on the same math as the smart pin technology.

Comment

Originally posted by Z7_Matt View Post
            My only concern with having a single pin sight is having to adjust for distance where a 5 pin sight you set it and go right? No fiddling with it after you range your target.

I have never shot a single pin so I may be way off base here.
            Once you shoot a single pin...you never go back...

The trick with the single pin in using it for quick shots is leaving it set at like 30 yards and then just aiming a little low for closer shots and a little high for longer shots. Anything passed 40 and you'll inherently have time to range and adjust...most times

Comment

Originally posted by stablebuck View Post
              Once you shoot a single pin...you never go back...

The trick with the single pin in using it for quick shots is leaving it set at like 30 yards and then just aiming a little low for closer shots and a little high for longer shots. Anything passed 40 and you'll inherently have time to range and adjust...most times
              I understand now. But I still like having ally pins right there ready to go!

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                I got the trophy ridge pursuit slider, great sight. Bet this one is awesome!
                Is that pursuit easy to sight in???

Comment

These new sights look awesome! Never been a fan of trophy ridge but I may have to try this one out after this season.

Comment

I just wish I could find one! I have checked everywhere. I have even called Trophy Ridge. They tell me that they have already started shipping them but are already backordered with their resellers. He did say they would have more within a few weeks.

Comment

I have the React 5-pin and really like it. Mike have to pick one of these up when they come out and give it a try. Looks cool

Comment

Ordered one this morning paid $169.99 shipped, should be in by Wednesday. Report to fallow.

Comment

I finally found a few. I bought two on Ebay yesterday. I'm hoping to have it sighted in before I leave for Kansas on Wednesday!

Comment

I am very impressed with the products that both Trophy Ridge and Bear are coming out with lately. Hell I was so impressed with their line ups that i purchased a Bear Empire and React 5 pin just 6 months ago and boy am I in love!!!! I can't wait to get out of training and head down to Ft. Bliss and starting my hunting season. This new React 1 looks nice but i have tried a single pin before (HHA) and i must just be a multi pin guy because i just never could get comfortable with it in the tree. That being said though this sight looks amazing and the ease of setup for both the React 5 and 1 are very hard to pass up!

Comment

Originally posted by low bass View Post
                              Ordered one this morning paid $169.99 shipped, should be in by Wednesday. Report to fallow.
                              Where did you order it from?

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
                                Where did you order it from?
                                i found mine on ebay, the seller had three of them posted late last thursday night. they had one left at 7:30 the next morning, which i puchased. they are on ebay for $199 + shipping

I got mine last night, installed it this morning, it's just as advertised. i only been out to 40 yards so far and right on the spot. no regrets, construction seems of good quality. the rheostat light is crazy bright. like the bubble level alot PLEASED WITH MY PURCHASE

Comment

Working...
                                X