No announcement yet.

2021 College Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hogs beat the Vols 6-5 game one in Knoxville after going down by 5 runs in the first.

Hogs are 13-3 in road games against teams currently in the top 25.

Comment

Short.. tied for trip to reg..
      Just don't have consistent pitching or a defense that can play the big games..

Comment

Mid majors will host 1 just because thats the way it is and they have never hosted more than 1. They have announced the “20” and I think the winner of the Conference USA tournament will get the spot. S. Miss, Charolette, or La Tech.

Comment

La Tech secured to C-USA West today. Lost the Friday opener to UTSA and then swept 3 straight. Run ruled today for the conference title. Play a couple mid week games next week then host the tournament.

Comment

Tech trying to wrap up a series win with a mercy rule finish in Norman

Comment

"Them boys some home run hittin fools"

OU play by play guys

Comment

2021 College Baseball

Ags had a disappointing series in Auburn, dropping 2-3 to a team they’re battling for the final SEC tourney spot. They gave up 5 unearned in the first two innings yesterday and couldn’t dig out of the hole. They’re in a virtual 3-way tie with Auburn and MO for the final spot, with both those teams having the tie breaker over the Ags based on series wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Texas sitting idol, bumped up to the No.2 spot on D1. Tech up to 5 per D1. Looking better for a chance to Super considering TCU dropped 2 of 3 to La Monroe.

Texas closes out the season with Rice on Tuesday and WV this weekend.
                  Last edited by Chad C; 05-17-2021, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Tech scared me with their Friday performance, but came on strong with 15-2 & 13-2 wins on Sat & sunday respectively. 2 grand slams in the series.

Jace Jung has tied the most season homeruns by a Red Raider since 2004 with 18. But he did it in a COVID shortened 44 game season rather than a standard 66 game season, and has a 3 game series left to work in. He’s a beast! His brother was a phenomenal player, Lil Bro may be better at the plate, though maybe not as pristine in the field.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

And RPI Rankings
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                          Ags had a disappointing series in Auburn, dropping 2-3 to a team they’re battling for the final SEC tourney spot. They gave up 5 unearned in the first two innings yesterday and couldn’t dig out of the hole. They’re in a virtual 3-way tie with Auburn and MO for the final spot, with both those teams having the tie breaker over the Ags based on series wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Thought for sure we would take at least 2 from Auburn and give us a little breathing room going into the LSU series. Gonna be tough to get into the tournament now. If we dont get in will it cost Childress his job????

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                            Thought for sure we would take at least 2 from Auburn and give us a little breathing room going into the LSU series. Gonna be tough to get into the tournament now. If we dont get in will it cost Childress his job????
                            I thought after the Ole Miss series that maybe this team was hitting its stride and could even possibly make some noise in the tournament. This was a step back.

This team has had the components throughout the season, but hasn't been able to consistently put it all together. Saenz, Miller, Detmer and Childress have all had dominant stuff as starters at various points in the season, but each has also fallen apart at other times. The same could be said for the relief pitchers. Jozwiak has probably been the most consistent, and has been a workhorse. Walks (and hit batters) have been the downfall of this staff.

Offensively, this team has also shown flashes against good pitching. Frizzell is money. The rest of the lineup has looked great at times, but also lack consistency in timely production and situational hitting. Way too many strikeouts up and down the lineup.

It's hard to really judge how much is on Childress. He obviously doesn't trust most of his pitchers (outside of Joz and maybe Saenz). I think this has led to some quick hooks when maybe he should have let pitchers work out of their own jams. Similarly, outside of a few guys, he never really settled on a consistent lineup. Alejo, Frizzell, Hoener and Harrison (and maybe Bost) have been regulars, but he seemed to shuffle the rest of the lineup way too much to allow anybody to really get in a groove. A few guys would have hot streaks and then it seems like they disappeared from the lineup for weeks at a time. I think that also hurt them defensively. He has a lot of young players that I'm sure he wanted to get playing time but it hurt them at times both offensively and defensively (he also had several players playing somewhere other than their "natural" positions.)

Childress is in the final year of his contract, so it'll be interesting to see if he is brought back regardless of how they finish the season.
                            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Aggies need to kick Childress to the curb and go hire McConnell or Tadlock.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy D View Post
                                Aggies need to kick Childress to the curb and go hire McConnell or Tadlock.
                                Lol. Just "go hire" Tim Tadlock, huh.

Comment

Working...
                                X