No announcement yet.

2019 Gardening thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The freeze took out my okra and peppers , but the broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, and romaine lettuce are looking good.
    The asparagus has almost filled in the entire bed.

Comment

Garden update...
      Collard greens, kale, brussel sprouts, cabbage and the first broccoli crown of the season!
      Attached Files

Comment

Wanting to start a garden this next year... Im really wanting to do potatoes and peppers and tips for fresh ground never tilled?

Comment

Till the garden with compost, chicken manure and an organic fertilizer. After planting, water with a tablespoon of fish fertilizer. This is strictly an organic route I'm describing and you can find all products at a reputable garden nursery

Comment

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
            Till the garden with compost, chicken manure and an organic fertilizer. After planting, water with a tablespoon of fish fertilizer. This is strictly an organic route I'm describing and you can find all products at a reputable garden nursery
            I have a ton of chicken goat and horse manure lol

Comment

Originally posted by webstertroy View Post
              I have a ton of chicken goat and horse manure lol
              I would go easy on the nitrogen

Comment

May be a stupid question but can you eat all of the cabbage leaves or just the head? And how do you decide where to stop shucking? I ask because the store only sells you the broccoli head but I've found the leaves to be great too.

Comment

Am i getting duped. I planted carrot seeds and just weeded my garden. I left all these which look like carrots sprouta...then my son kicks a soccerball across fence near railroad tracks and these are all along the tracks and far as eye can see. Carrot look alike????

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Just pulled a couple carrots for a salad. I guess the soil along the edge of the garden wasn’t as loose as I thought. Still have a couple dozen going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X