This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
    All this discussion is a waste of time as long as JJ is the GM. If that dude would hire a real front office and let them do their job the Cowboy's ship could be righted.

Right now JJ and Jerry's Kids ain't getting it done.

The kids have been doing a better job lately, much better. They didn’t extend Garrett this off season, so maybe things will continue to improve.

Michael Thomas just got payed, I bet they settle with Cooper pretty soon now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Well....except it's not Kellen Moore....It's John Kitna the new QB coach, who is a known QB trainer and folks call a guru....

I'd be more apt to believe there is some improvement after Kitna worked with him all year. Cautiously optimistic.
      Kitna ? The QB guru ? The one they poached off of a local high school teams coaching staff, lol. Na just kidding, I like Kitna, he has something, he will help Dak and the offense.

Comment

If they don't make a deep run in the playoffs this year Garrett could be out....replaced by Lincoln Riley. People are saying the league is trending towards the wide open offenses again. See Kingsbury and Murray in Phoenix. Does Zeke fit that style? Let's see, Jones didn't extend Garrett and isn't paying Zeke...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
          Kitna ? The QB guru ? The one they poached off of a local high school teams coaching staff, lol. Na just kidding, I like Kitna, he has something, he will help Dak and the offense.

I didn’t call him that specifically.[emoji51] I’ve just heard him referenced as a QB footwork guru. You’ll need to call NFL Network and ESPN and tell them who you are and correct them...[emoji23]

Hell your boy Dak called Kellen Moore a young phenomenon guru too[emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            If they don't make a deep run in the playoffs this year Garrett could be out....replaced by Lincoln Riley. People are saying the league is trending towards the wide open offenses again. See Kingsbury and Murray in Phoenix. Does Zeke fit that style? Let's see, Jones didn't extend Garrett and isn't paying Zeke...

Maybe I need to be hoping for a crash and burn this season. That’s a win/win for both my teams[emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Maybe I need to be hoping for a crash and burn this season. That’s a win/win for both my teams[emoji23][emoji23]
              Exactly. Lol.

I almost denounced my fandom when they brought Switzer out of retirement. I would welcome Riley with open arms.

Comment

I didn’t call him that specifically.[emoji51] I’ve just heard him referenced as a QB footwork guru. You’ll need to call NFL Network and ESPN and tell them who you are and correct them...[emoji23]

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I'm no El General. I get my info from 104.9 the Horn. Lol.

Comment

Winning SB teams don't put up with gangsta players like Zeke. Nor do winning coaches and team owners. Jimmy Johnson would have already canned his butt but that was back in the day. Since then JJ has let the players run amuck and you see the results. They say you can't teach old dogs new tricks and JJ is proof of that. Cowboys fans certainly deserve better considering how much it costs to go see a game live.
                  Think about all the good and great players with no off field issues that have left to Cowboys and gone on to winning teams and championships.

Comment

There is a lot wrong with the Cowboys and in my mind 99.999999% of it has the Jones name attached. Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done to fix it.
                    My opinion don't mean squat but just like anuses we all have our own.

Comment

Gangsta players? Zeke is more of a nerdy dude. Gangstas don't dress like Zeke or Russel Westbrook.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                        Garrett has not been to OC in like 3-4 years, check what he did when he was, I think he did pretty **** good. So if they do great this year it will not be because of Garrett, it will be because of Moore, RIGHT ? *** would Dak Prescott record be if Zeke was not the running back, less than 500 for sure, he probably would not even be the QB because Romo would have been put back in, no way in hell is Dak going 13-3 his rookie year without Zeke. I wish the hell you would have gotten your wish to draft Ramsey, that way Tony would have been the QB and we would have had a hell of a lot better chance at a SB. I listen to the players, scouts, and coaches, they know a hell of a lot more than all of us by a large margin, they all say Zeke is the best back in the NFL, he is the catalyst of the offense. For Jerry to say you don't need the rushing leader to win a SB, well by God Jerry one of them won you 3 SB's , the only 3 you won. Okay now that I have that off my chest, GOOOO COWBOYS !!!!!!!!!
                        I've cooked up a theory in my head, gonna let it loose here to see what you think.

Is it possible that Dak's outstanding performance his rookie year had a lot to do with having Romo on the sideline to unofficially 'coach' him along? His performance was night and day better with Romo there vs when Romo was gone.

I'm still waiting on the red clapper to be replaced by Romo, and I think the team will be better for it.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                          Winning SB teams don't put up with gangsta players like Zeke. Nor do winning coaches and team owners. Jimmy Johnson would have already canned his butt but that was back in the day. Since then JJ has let the players run amuck and you see the results. They say you can't teach old dogs new tricks and JJ is proof of that. Cowboys fans certainly deserve better considering how much it costs to go see a game live.
                          Think about all the good and great players with no off field issues that have left to Cowboys and gone on to winning teams and championships.
                          LOL, if social media was around when Jimmy was Cowboys coach it would have been a 3 ring circus, about the only Choir boys on the team were Troy and Garrett. Zeke is a choir boy compared to Michael Irvin, the only thing Jimmy did to Irvin was make him catch his own flight to a game.

Comment

I will make that call in a little bit, too busy deciding who my 53 man roster will be. You know who my boy was, I do like Dak, I think he is going to have a great year ( as long as he has the beast in the backfield )

Comment

2019 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Whaaaat? Jimmy Johnson’s teams were loaded with problem players. That’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve heard on this thread so far. If they were good he kept them and turned a blind eye as long as they were winning for him. ... see Michael Irvin, Erik Williams, Nate Newton, Alvin Harper, James Washington etc partying like rock stars.. He only cut the problem crappy players.

We call that select good old days memory syndrome.[emoji23]

Just win baby!!
                              Last edited by Smart; 07-31-2019, 07:44 AM.

Comment

The white house.

Comment

Working...
                                X