Part 2-2019 Saltwater Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    Right! Working downtown and living in Montgomery county adds a little driving for spur of the moment afternoon trips

Im gonna see about putting a rod rack on the roof of my Tahoe and keep a change of clothes in the back. Apparently I can borrow a stringer from the other Shane. Just need some white tape to cover the stripes

If you don’t have a divider in the car there are ways to transport rods

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
      If you don’t have a divider in the car there are ways to transport rods

Sierracharlie out…

I have one just behind the front seats. A rod would fit. Cooler not so much.

Also 6 foot rod may or may not fit in the trunk of an impala....

@jon-paul welcome to the neighborhood

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        How are yall fishing the Vudu shrimp? Popping cork?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
        Mexico will slap the taste out of your mouth for mentioning a popping cork.

Jig it like you would any other soft plastic.

Comment

I work in Missouri city, so I can have my boat and at the harbor in Matagorda within a couple hours if i want.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
            I work in Missouri city, so I can have my boat and at the harbor in Matagorda within a couple hours if i want.

Ol Misery City! You right down the skreet from me hahaha

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
              Ol Misery City! You right down the skreet from me hahaha

Sierracharlie out…
              We prefer to call in MO CITY, but Misery city works too.

Comment

Nice!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

And THAT right THERE is why I use 2 piece rods...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    WOW, y'all nuked 'em!! What'd y'all catch 'em on?
                    Who strung the smack?
                    Some solid trout for sure!
                    Heck I believe we caught fish on just about everything, Philip started off with his go too LSU Down South and caught a bunch but got cut off about every 3 cast. Then he went to the ol spoon slammed a few on that, then I believe he went to some type of hard bait before putting the down south back on.... skip Jack's were horrible the first 2 hours...
                    I started off with the ol Sugar and Spice Assassin, caught a nice red on it and stick with it for about 2 hours..... then out came the Vuuuuuuuddddduuuuuu
                    I had one Vudu hold up to over 40 fish slamming it..... incredible ...
                    Finally talked Billy into putting is Vudu on, and well.... the rest is history....

Comment

Originally posted by HELLRAZOR View Post
                      Finally was able to pick up the new sled this weekend, Shoalwater 23 cat with a 250 Sho, now time to break her in and get sun burnt !!
                      Man I lucked out on this one in which the wait time was 14-16 weeks to get one! Was given the opportunity to buy this boat due to a buyer backing out of it, made a deal with dealership and drove to Seabrook Tx to pick her up, dropped her off in Victoria Tx for some decal work and now back in corpus getting the extras put on her for next days off!!!!
                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m predominantly a freshwater guy these days but spent many a weekend in the salt and can appreciate a nice boat. That thing is a beauty!!

Oh and that Yamma Hammer is looking HAWWWT!

Very nice rig dude!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                        Mexico will slap the taste out of your mouth for mentioning a popping cork.

Jig it like you would any other soft plastic.
                        I use whatever works and we usually have kids with us. They rock the popping corks. Lol.

I go to soft plastics for sight casting reds from the tower.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Crossing my fingers the boat will be ready tomorrow.

Comment

How long does it typically take for green water to get to the beach?
                            The surf looks like it will be flat Friday but was curious about water color since a SW wind will be blowing Wednesday night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought some Vudu skrimps....I hope ol Shane aint just a salesmen for that outfit...

Heading to Bolivar the 21st, anyone been catching in the surf?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                I bought some Vudu skrimps....I hope ol Shane aint just a salesmen for that outfit...

Heading to Bolivar the 21st, anyone been catching in the surf?
                                Surf has been real good last three trips I've had. I'm fishing down in Surfside. We beat them up real bad yesterday evening. As long as the water looks good it's game on.

Comment

Working...
                                X