Help with guitar value - 1969 Fender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
    Big C, if you look at the pic with the neck screws, it doesn't look like they have ever been off. Can you imagine the original pickups on an original guitar? Oh my.
    And those pickups would have decayed enough and are probably very warm sounding. That thing is mint looking.

Comment

Listen to lovemylegacy. That is NOT a $350 Mexican Strat. Serial number indicates '69 or '70. Definitely not a cheap guitar.

Comment

$450?

Comment

If I could play guitar as much as I love guitars, I would be awesome! But I cant play a lick....at all. So Im not awesome, well except to my Sweetie.

rtarcher and Shane are way more knowledgeable than I am. I just wanted the guy getting the value of his guitar. Sorry if I got bent. Man these guitars don't come up for sale that often. I mean you can buy a Squire for $350.
          Last edited by lovemylegacy; 12-04-2019, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Gorgeous guitar and a great find! I wish I had relatives like that haha!

Comment

Hey my friend if you sell that guitar for 350 your getting screwed. Guitar Center and Pawn shops screw people. Go to a real music store, you have a gem there. I have been playing guitar since the 80's. Guitar Center sells bottom of the barrel trash for $350. Thats going by the value of the instrument itself, not the sentimental attachment.

Comment

Ho Lee Free Holies!!

Comment

That needs to go to a vintage shop to be appraised. I’ve got an old jag that I had appraised in Austin few years back. There’s a guy here in Bastrop that’s an old fender guru I’ll try to contact him and send pics

Comment

my background

Just some pics of me through the years and a sample of my collection, just so you know where I'm coming from. I would love to see that guitar in person!

Todd

Click image for larger version

Name:	tbh 1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	24600701

Name:	tbh 2.JPG
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	24600702

Name:	tbh 3.JPG
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	24600703

Name:	tbh 4.jpg
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	24600704

Name:	tbh 5.JPG
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	24600705

Name:	tbh 6.JPG
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	24600706

Comment

Fender Telecaster, Fender BigHead Bass, ugliest bass in the world...according to John Paul Jones, 4 Strats in a row, one looks like it has a shortened neck, Fender Accoustic, a couple of Ovations, one is a 12 strang, last one looks like a Martin....how did I do?
                      Oh look! The kids play too!

Comment

That is a nice collection. Think that last acoustic is a Taylor.

Comment

Also is that a gilmour strat? The sixth one over in the pic?

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                            Fender Telecaster, Fender BigHead Bass, ugliest bass in the world...according to John Paul Jones, 4 Strats in a row, one looks like it has a shortened neck, Fender Accoustic, a couple of Ovations, one is a 12 strang, last one looks like a Martin....how did I do?
                            Oh look! The kids play too!
                            Originally posted by Big C View Post
                            That is a nice collection. Think that last acoustic is a Taylor.
                            The "short" strat is actually a strat mini, for my son. The last is a Taylor. The black & white strats are squiers I modified with noiseless pickups and vintage pots as they have a great action and play like a dream. The rest of my guitars are stashed away. The oly white (cream colored now) is my '72, and the all black is my '76. That '69 from OP would certainly be at home here, if I could afford it!

Todd

Comment

Charleys guitars in Dallas. They can tell you.

charleysguitar.com

Comment

You're correct, many variables can have a significant impact on value. I'd get that thing insured ASAP.

Comment

Working...
                                X