No announcement yet.

Per acre prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasn't trying to gain attention or leave such a vague questions.. I know its all about location.. its just a mental thing for me. When i first starting looking, land was 8-10k/acre.. now the same area is going to 25k+/acre.. its hard to wrap my head around the idea.

Comment

Stock market has tripled in 10 years too.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
        My goal is to pay $7,500 per acre and live within 45 minutes of DFW airport.

I'm insane and that won't happen.
        Not until after the next crash.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
          I wasn't trying to gain attention or leave such a vague questions.. I know its all about location.. its just a mental thing for me. When i first starting looking, land was 8-10k/acre.. now the same area is going to 25k+/acre.. its hard to wrap my head around the idea.

Yep. Land is something they ain't making anymore of.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            Yep. Land is something they ain't making anymore of.
            Nor are they making anymore Pontiacs. That is not the lens I look through when deciding to purchase something. I look at land and a place to live as an expense not an investment. Land ownership took too much of my time and money. Only you can decide OP if it fits in your life's plan. Land goes down in value, can be tough to sell and can be taxed/taken through the tax code. Good luck in your search.

Comment

100,000 an acre in my neck of the woods

Comment

Pottsboro, tx and 3acres..
                If you want to start a meth lab, that would be the going rate.

Pottsboro, it better be on the lake or in a gated community

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I just bought an acre for 145k in Baton Rouge. 7 years ago I bought my .20 acre lot for 60k. I happen to know the investor and developer for a new neighborhood and they called me asking if I would be willing to buy the last acre they needed to square of their neighborhood for 145k and sell them back .17 acres for 25k.

The part I sold them was pointless because it was 50 foot wide and I already have 400 plus feet behind the house as a buffer to the neighborhood.

Long story short my buddy bought the lot next to his for 60k 10 years ago and it’s work 100 to 115 now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pottsboro, tx and 3acres..
                    That’s a steal now Days

Use to be a dump

Comment

Well the Grayson appraisal district thinks my 5 3/4 acres is worth $120k. It’s about a 1 1/2 miles from that 3 acres

Comment

Originally posted by junkmanhunter View Post
                        If you want to start a meth lab, that would be the going rate.

Pottsboro, it better be on the lake or in a gated community

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                        Hey! I knocking. That’s Denison your thinking of. But there good ole locust west of pottsboro. We call that felony heights.

Comment

If you decide you don’t want to buy it let me know. I have a fried.that loves ip there and would be interested

Comment

For that kind of money, I would not want more than a half acre. You can't buy enough to do anything with, and keeping three acres up is a real time burner. When we were looking at land nearly thirty years ago, it quickly became obvious that we could buy ten acres close to town for the same money that we could buy fifty or even a hundred acres for twenty miles out of town. We were living on an acreage at the time and it was working me to death. We ended up getting a quarter section and a lot more free time.

Comment

Working...
                            X