No announcement yet.

Fishing etiquette....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people think flare guns are for emergencies. They also serve to really get your point across.

Comment

Originally posted by el general View Post
      some people think flare guns are for emergencies. They also serve to really get your point across.
      lol

Comment

Seen a lot of that behavior in Rockport and Baffin. Unfortunately, many times it is a GUIDE doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanTiger View Post
          On memorial day I took my dad fishing (he never gets to go anymore) on Toledo Bend ( I had found an awesome spot for the shad spawn) and He reluctantly got up extra early cause I told him we need to be the first to the spot. We get to the spot, not a sole on the lake yet, sit for about 10 minutes in the dark (with our lights on) and we see a boat coming, then slowing, then stopping 20 yards away.... I am thinking to myself just keep your cool dont let these idiots ruin your day...they drift with in 10 yards of us... I am about to say somthing and dad says "hey guys yall just want to get in the boat and fish with us!" haha they looked at us mad we beat them to the spot and putted off... smh some people....we proceeded to boat 50 LMB in about 45 minutes!
          You've got an awesome dad!

Comment

I had two instances with rude and inconsiderate fisherman.

Both were in Louisiana. First was me and my Father In Law that drove down from Huntsville to fish the trout spawn in early fall in Vermillion Bay. Straight out the canal from the launch is some rocks on the left called "the cove". Its a popular spot for trout when they are in and some days, you could walk across the boats and everybody is catching near limits of good size trout. Not this day. There were lots of boats but not alot of catching. We found a good school using live shrimp under popping cork. The spot is literally 5 feet across. Outside of that circle, we were not getting bit and it was an every cast type of situation.
            A loud mouth teen using his daddy's boat he bought with oil money pulls up within flipping distance of our hole. I don't mind sharing, but the bite instantly cut off when he pulled up. Some words were exchanged and i threatened to teach him what his dad forgot to. he finally left and i let a considerate kayaker in on what we were doing. bite turned back on and we both caught limits.

Other time was winter. Water was coming out of a back lake over water control structure into a canal. Reds were stacked on bottom feeding in the current from the warmer water coming out of the back lake. Three of us in the boat catching reds when a bass boat pulls up and starts casting over our lines into the hole.
            The captain of our boat tied a 1 oz weight on his braided line and cast over his. Turns out braid cuts mono pretty good when you yank it across like a hook set. I can't stand inconsiderate "richard craniums" out on the water.

Comment

A couple of years ago during the week I was drifting a spotty bottom in port Mansfield and was tearing up the trout when a local guide, comes and idols in and positions right in my drift, so close I could bounce a jig off his boat , so I fired up and got about 200 yards in front of him and continued to tearing up the trout , so he repeated his deal of pulling around me again about 20-30 yards in front of my drift, we had a very heated discussion about his choice ways to find fish , after that I just fired up and ran about 1 1/2 miles back to the top of the bar
              And really enjoyed the rest of the morning,
              I guess I got the last laugh by removing him from the guide rotation for our weekend club members, he was none to happy that Saturday when i told him that we didn’t book pot lickers ( this wasn’t the first problem or the last with him “ he used extreme profanity, and sometimes drank our clients beer and was a bad example for our clients with children “)

People get real possessive about “ their bay , their deer , their duck blind “ I am no saint and have been on both sides of a argument,

Nothing is worse than to be 20 miles offshore and be on some hot structures and have a boat buzz you and MOB your gps #’s then come back to find a party boat,camped out there
              Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 06-05-2019, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                A couple of years ago during the week I was drifting a spotty bottom in port Mansfield and was tearing up the trout when a local guide, comes and idols in and positions right in my drift, so close I could bounce a jig off his boat , so I fired up and got about 200 yards in front of him and continued to tearing up the trout , so he repeated his deal of pulling around me again about 20-30 yards in front of my drift, we had a very heated discussion about his choice ways to find fish , after that I just fired up and ran about 1 1/2 miles back to the top of the bar
                And really enjoyed the rest of the morning,
                I guess I got the last laugh by removing him from the guide rotation for our weekend club members, he was none to happy that Saturday when i told him that we didn’t book pot lickers ( this wasn’t the first problem or the last with him “ he used extreme profanity, and sometimes drank our clients beer and was a bad example for our clients with children “)

People get real possessive about “ their bay , their deer , their duck blind “ I am no saint and have been on both sides of a argument,
                What's his name, so I don't make the mistake of hiring him?

Comment

Originally posted by 220swift View Post
                  Seen a lot of that behavior in Rockport and Baffin. Unfortunately, many times it is a GUIDE doing it.
                  Pretty accurate statement here. When I have customers on my boat I don’t dare enter into a situation where I might be engaged in any kind of pissing match. I have had plenty of boats come up on me, well within 50 yards. I just reel’em up and move on to another area. It’s frustrating, but that’s what we deal with now. If we are wading and someone buzzes us or stops on tops of us that’s a different story.

Comment

I usually just let it roll off as someone that has not been taught correctly by whoever turned them on. I was fishing a mud line one day and was killing them of a mid bay reef. I had a guide get behind me on the drift which I was fine with. drift ran out and I cranked up to go back again. He did the same but cut in front of me by 50 yards. Again no big deal. Until he sticks down both power poles and I'm right on him in about a minute. It was just enough time to switch rods and put a skitterwalk in the fabric of his T-top. Oh well I'm drifting right his way anyway Ill just get it out. After I tried to yank it out a few times he started yellinging I was damaging his top. Got next to him to get my lure. I wasn't going to say anything because he had clients. I was able to retrieve my $7 skitterwalk and he called me an idiot. - I stopped turned and looked and just said- who is the idiot cutting someones drift and locking down the pole. I think he was going to smart off but decided against it. I have seen him often at the ramps for several years and he has never said a word. I keep thinking one day he will smart off in front of his buddies and my reaction will depend if I have popped smoke and retired or not.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                      What's his name, so I don't make the mistake of hiring him?
                      He is no longer in the business “ he died of a heart attack while “ trespassing with a gun “ on the king ranch he was a real piece of “ uh work

Comment

I used to get real upset but it's the norm now. I just started fishing spots that aren't as popular. I get out real early to beat the crowds, and try to limit my fishing to week days. It's just too crowded now.

Comment

I can't stand it when a bunch of boats are fishing around a school of whites then some Yahoo that can't get a bite tries to troll throw the middle of us. Heck, I'll give you the bait they are biting on if you'll not mess it up for the rest of us.

Comment

No such thing as common courtesy anymore.

Comment

I've never had any problems on the lakes or bays.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

There is no class with people anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X