Teacher pay raises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
    I think we will have to agree to disagree too, because when society is dependent on schools and not family to teach our youth it is probably too late anyway. And i am talking more than teaching the three Rs, i mean morals, ethics, etc.

What i would like for our youth, is for their parents take responsibility for them. As it stands now many parents seem to think the school system is there to raise their kids, and the school system seems to have decided to try to take on that role, apparently willing and not begrudgingly. That is a huge part of the problem with schools, they are not parents, but by trying to play that role we have gotten where we are now. I really do not want to perpetuate this system, as i think it is quite possibly the worst thing we can do for the youth/future. Not necessarily the teacher's fault (possibly not at all the teachers fault), but it is the system we would be supporting by putting more money into it.

But anyway, i am sure a raise will get voted in, cause "its for the children" always works, even when the children are actually getting screwed in the long run.

Have a good one

Spot on, sometimes things have to hit rock bottom before people realize it and put the proper resources toward fixing the problem not just appeasing people or putting a band aid on the problem.
    If you are unhappy with your career then move on to another one, that’s what makes this country great. I graduated with a degree in composite social studies with the intention to teach and coach but very quickly realized that I wanted more, monetarily, out of my career and took some chances that led me to a much more lucrative profession. I get the fact that we all want and need good teachers but the system is broken and teachers have to be the catalyst for the change necessary to fix the problem. Stop complaining and either organize and do something about it or move to another profession which by default will cause a major shortage in teachers and subsequently lead to changes in the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I think we will have to agree to disagree too, because when society is dependent on schools and not family to teach our youth it is probably too late anyway. And i am talking more than teaching the three Rs, i mean morals, ethics, etc.

What i would like for our youth, is for their parents take responsibility for them. As it stands now many parents seem to think the school system is there to raise their kids, and the school system seems to have decided to try to take on that role, apparently willing and not begrudgingly. That is a huge part of the problem with schools, they are not parents, but by trying to play that role we have gotten where we are now. I really do not want to perpetuate this system, as i think it is quite possibly the worst thing we can do for the youth/future. Not necessarily the teacher's fault (possibly not at all the teachers fault), but it is the system we would be supporting by putting more money into it.

But anyway, i am sure a raise will get voted in, cause "its for the children" always works, even when the children are actually getting screwed in the long run.

Have a good one
      You are too late bud. Not blaming you one bit, but it's reality

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
        Spot on, sometimes things have to hit rock bottom before people realize it and put the proper resources toward fixing the problem not just appeasing people or putting a band aid on the problem.
        If you are unhappy with your career then move on to another one, that’s what makes this country great. I graduated with a degree in composite social studies with the intention to teach and coach but very quickly realized that I wanted more, monetarily, out of my career and took some chances that led me to a much more lucrative profession. I get the fact that we all want and need good teachers but the system is broken and teachers have to be the catalyst for the change necessary to fix the problem. Stop complaining and either organize and do something about it or move to another profession which by default will cause a major shortage in teachers and subsequently lead to changes in the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        At least you realize your selfish

Comment

Have a good one
          If that was actually the case,, then why even send your kids to school?

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
            At least you realize your selfish

How is he selfish, he took the risk himself, didn't ask everyone else to pay him more......

Comment

If that was actually the case,, then why even send your kids to school?

Uhmmm, I didn't....

Personal responsibility, crazy right?
              Last edited by RJH1; 04-07-2019, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Uhmmm, I didn't....

Personal responsibility, crazy right?
                I have no issue with home school, private school, or whatever school you want to throw out there....I have close friends that home school and several clients that home school. It's not for me personally but I get it.

Comment

[QUOTE=RJH1;14088419]How is he selfish, he took the risk himself, didn't ask everyone else to pay him more......[/QUOTE

LOL

Comment

Merriam Webster definition : Mandate: to officially require something or make something mandatory; also to direct/require someone to do something

There might be more than one definition to mandate. And if you think the state doesn't mandate nursing you might be wrong.

And teachers still knew what they were getting into when they started teaching,so the get what they are worth. Well, that along with the abundance of teachers available, keeps prices for teachers down.

I guess answer me this, why is your poor career choice my problem?
                    You sound like a REAL A-hole

Comment

Originally posted by Captain39 View Post
                      No he doesn’t. He is stating his opinion and some of his points hold merit. I thought the same at gisrt but not now. He would be welcomed in a campfire of mine anytime!

Comment

The TEA sets/mandates the minimum salary and number of days of service required for employees(teachers).
                        Do away with TEA

Comment

Originally posted by Captain39 View Post
                          Because he explained his opinion and people disagree? Sad statement you have made.

Comment

Originally posted by TWOHunter View Post
                            Do away with TEA
                            Well, I don't necessarily disagree with you......

Comment

Originally posted by Wits_End View Post
                              Because he explained his opinion and people disagree? Sad statement you have made.
                              I'm all for debate. This is how things get resolved.

Comment

Well, I don't necessarily disagree with you......
                                It’ll never happen.
                                Way to politically powerful.

Comment

Working...
                                X