Rattleless rattlesnakes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
    i want to just thank you all for not calling them "rattlebugs"!!

that is the absolute dumbest slang nickname of all time.
    That would be a buzzworm.

Comment

Maybe they identify as constrictors?

Comment

Couple weeks ago I killed a 4 footer in the garage that had just a button.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
          First time I heard that, I had to have him repeat it twice
          What do you tell a woman with 2 black eyes? Nothing, you already told her twice.

Comment

They're on the move. Just seen a big rattlesnake crossing the road about 20 minutes ago. It looked like he had rattles. I was goin about 65mph though so I didn't get a real good look.

My buddy seen two fighting in the road the other day. Drove a little further and saw two more doin the same thing.
            Last edited by okrattler; 09-11-2019, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Scary situation to think a rattlebug that can’t make noise!

Comment

Originally posted by TTUgrad08 View Post
                Scary situation to think a rattlebug that can’t make noise!
                There's only one part of the one that had its rattles cut off that still exist. I stepped on it and pulled its head off. I normally don't kill them but I hunt there so I didn't want to meet it again on different terms.

Comment

Originally posted by Quanah11 View Post
                  Old timers say mice will chew them off when they are hibernating. Who knows
                  After my one experience walking thru knee-high weeds to get to the tank edge for dove shooting and looking down and seeing one between my feet in the weeds, I was discussing with the landowner's squeeze and that is what she told me. Talked it over with my veterinarian buddy who also has a PhD in wildlife disease and he checked with several other wildlife biologists and none had a more plausible explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    That would be a buzzworm.
                    buzz worm is totally acceptable. it is a more accurate description, understood by everyone, and a shorter name aka less syllables.

rattle bug, is just saying, hey, you know what, im going to use a term, in order to show that i am both clever, and funny, in a idiot, hick way, and is clearly playing above the rim, i need something that is too stupid for even jethro say.

yup, rattle bug it is.

Comment

When we arrived last Friday from the hospital with little man, there was an awful smell coming from my front porch area. Dug around in the landscaping next to the deck and found the cause of the smell. The snake was all but decomposed, but his rattles were still there as evidence. 12 rattles and a button. Would love to know what killed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Blane View Post
                        When we arrived last Friday from the hospital with little man, there was an awful smell coming from my front porch area. Dug around in the landscaping next to the deck and found the cause of the smell. The snake was all but decomposed, but his rattles were still there as evidence. 12 rattles and a button. Would love to know what killed it.
                        probably the porch alpha snake killed him.

jk...the only thing i hate worse than a rattlesnake, and lightening, is a yard rattlesnake! well, and yard lightening, i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                          There's only one part of the one that had its rattles cut off that still exist. I stepped on it and pulled its head off. I normally don't kill them but I hunt there so I didn't want to meet it again on different terms.
                          I caught a solid black western diamondback. She had been severely burned in a prairie fire and survived. Her rattle was completely burned away and due to so much scaring she couldn't shed to make a new one. I held her until she gave birth and released them back into the same field. She got the axe, just way too hostile to release without a rattle. When I first saw her I thought she was a black stump tail cotton mouth and tried to walk past her without a fight but she wasn't letting that happen, scary aggressive high striking snake.

Comment

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
                            i want to just thank you all for not calling them "rattlebugs"!!

that is the absolute dumbest slang nickname of all time.
                            Or when someone calls bullets,"pills".I cringe everytime.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

When I first read this thread I though you were talking about Sistrurus miliarius Pygmy Rattler. They are cool looking snakes.

Comment

Working...
                              X