No announcement yet.

Vape warnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear hoggslayer. Scary stuff I was reading an article on vapes yesterday.

Backspace on the TRT argument. This isn’t the time or place imho. Not sure how that leap was made or why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
      [/B]

I think there may be something to this. In the last few years I have personally run CPR calls on men in their 40's and 50's. Probably 10 in the last 3 years. All of these particular patients were on testosterone. I dont think I'm ever going to take that chance.
      My Dr. was once a huge fan of T replacement injections.. He told me, at my last physical, because I asked him about it, that in the last 10 years he has seen the full gauntlet of medical issues caused by this stuff, from the least harmful to the worst, including several deaths.. He will no longer give injections or prescribe it to anyone.. He said long term studies have been published in some medical journals and it is all bad news..

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
        Scary stuff, but just about every case I've seen involves THC oil.

Kids do stupid stuff- coincidence that a majority of these cases are teens? Not long ago we dealt with a tide-pod epidemic, people eating bath salts, people inhaling paint cans, etc...

Ask yourselves- how long have these teens been vaping vs. older people, and tie that into these cases. What is the 'true' reason for the discrepancy? THC oil. These kids will figure it out real quick that this crap of mixing THC oil in their vapes is very risky and will stop it. And then move on to the next way to get high...
        Do you vape sir?

Everything you note above is 1) Illegal 2) Trying to achieve an altered state of consciousness.

This is much worse, it is legal and there are still people defending inhaling a chemical into their lungs. You're not going to find a bunch of serious people promoting whippits or inhaling sharpies. I think you'll find while THC oil may have exasperated effects the "vape juice" in the long term will be more hazardous then the tobacco it intended to replace. JMO

Comment

I smoked for way too long. Quit for about five years. Lucky to be alive. I firmly believe straight clean tobacco is not near as bad for you as they say. It is what they add to it and understand the truth, smoking is very bad for you period. Back to vaping, I walked in a relatives home and said what is that strong smell. She admitted to vaping and I recognized it as a known substance. It is risky to inhale stuff no matter what. Please just avoid it as you really do not know what could happen. I moved to the city and hate the smells. Give me my open areas and clean air. From a very long term tobacco user who quit and miss it like hell but will not go back. Weed is different than regular tobacco products but man made stuff is where so much risk come to play. I do not smoke weed to clarify. at least weed has medical uses.

Comment

Yes vaping is a bad habit, so is any form of nicotine (dip, smoking, etc). I admit in the long run it will probably have negative health effects on myself. I am not however a chronic vaper. Working the offshore oilfield, ALOT of people either smoke or dip and seeing that for 9 years I took up the habit. I didnt do it to be "cool" or be "one of the guys" but as a way to take 5-10 minutes away from the rigors and stress of working offshore and relax. Believe it or not nicotine is relaxing and gives me a satisfying buzz that (even for only 5-10 mins) takes me away from dealing with company men, alarms, calls on the intercom, calls about a pump, hydraulic ram, engine, generator or electrical issue. I switched to vaping as stated above, when methanol was carried onboard and we were no longer allowed to smoke. I dont vape or use any nicotine when I'm at home cause I dont have the same stressors like at work. Alot of people will not and cannot understand why people use nicotine and that's okay. That's my reason for doing it and being a grown man, will be responsible for my actions.

Comment

Update from my friend about his son.

Hunter faught, and defied the doctors wanting to intubate and induce a medical coma during his code Saturday, literally breathing only a mouthful of air each breath, with a heart rate of no less than 140 bpm for 3 days straight.
              Yesterday many prayers were answered and Hunter turned a big corner, knowing he is not out of the woods yet but believes he is being given a second chance for a reason. He wanted to make a difference, for friends he knows and all his peers.
              Yesterday, despite being short of breath and still dependent on O2, from his hospital bed here in CSTAT, did FT video interviews for ABC13 and FOX26 news which aired all afternoon and tonight, sending a msg to all his friends and peers to throw away their vapes. He has been getting vids of kids who don’t even know him, throwing away their vapes. I hope he can save some friends and their parents from going thru what we are right now. After the interviews, Hunter was removed from O2 was able to eat some solids, and for the physical therapist, stood up and walked a short distance. We are still praying, as today he gets lung xrays that will tell us more.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Great news

Comment

Happy to hear that he is feeling much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad he is doing better !

Kids are using dabs these days. It isn’t rolling a joint or blunt anymore. Black market stuff is what is causing these cases I am sure. Kids take thc in solid form and heat it to a liquid and put it in vape pens.
                    I quit the e cig two months ago after using one for 7 years. I was not able to take deep
                    Breathes any more. A week after quitting I was again able to fill my lungs. Is it a safe alternative to smoking? Heck no it isn’t. I was using over 75mls of juice a week at 8-12mg of nicotine. I decided to switch back to snuff !

Comment

Update:

Hunter has made remarkable progress responding well it breathing treatments and will most likely get to head home today. He'll need to take it easy for a while but looks like he's out of the woods. Thanks for all the prayers. God is good.

Comment

such cool kids doing this

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                          Update:

Hunter has made remarkable progress responding well it breathing treatments and will most likely get to head home today. He'll need to take it easy for a while but looks like he's out of the woods. Thanks for all the prayers. God is good.

Awesome news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Everyone can agree that vaping is bad for you all around and will eventually lead to big problems. However it can't just be a coincidence that as soon as dabs and very potent black market stuff became popular these extreme cases just started popping up.

Comment

I wonder if there is a term/terms for his medical lung condition...sounds like this vaping could create some new ones??

Fantastic news on the rapid recovery!! God is Great!!

Comment

Stop warning everyone. Please let Darwinism do its thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X