Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever try the probe tester to tell what their PH level is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever try the probe tester to tell what their PH level is?

I picked one of these up and going to see how accurate it is as I was taking a soil sample from my food plot I'm establishing.
    It shows a PH of 7 in the first pic (the bottom grid is PH) which if it is, I'll be very happy about.
    The second pic is the moisture content which I wouldn't say that the soil was "wet" 4"-5" down but it is damp. Maybe by soil standards it would be considered "wet" for plant to grow.

Where do you find these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Did you try it in multiple spots around that point to see if it gave consistent results?

Comment

I use one to monitor moisture in my container grown seedlings

I believe the soil has to be moistened to measure pH in the field

Perhaps others will weigh in to verify

bill

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
          Did you try it in multiple spots around that point to see if it gave consistent results?
          Yes

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
            Where do you find these?

Amazon $8.00
            Sonkir Soil pH Meter, MS02 3-in-1 Soil Moisture/Light/pH Tester Gardening Tool Kits for Plant Care, Great for Garden, Lawn, Farm, Indoor & Outdoor Use (Green) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BR52P26..._8FpEDb5JVG1XN

Comment

All I “know” is what I’ve seen written by the “experts” who say they aren’t reliable as far as ph is concerned. I still go by the soil tests, but unless you are consistent in the sampling and mixing of your dirt, all you’re getting is an average. I think that’s sufficient for what we do though. It ain’t rocket science, we’re just feeding deer, so that instrument might work too. Best would be to check it against actual lab results to prove or disprove to yourself. Let us know, might save us all some $.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                All I “know” is what I’ve seen written by the “experts” who say they aren’t reliable as far as ph is concerned. I still go by the soil tests, but unless you are consistent in the sampling and mixing of your dirt, all you’re getting is an average. I think that’s sufficient for what we do though. It ain’t rocket science, we’re just feeding deer, so that instrument might work too. Best would be to check it against actual lab results to prove or disprove to yourself. Let us know, might save us all some $.
                It will be interesting to see how accurate it may be. There are 2 different plots on my land that I took readings and soil samples, so we shall see.

Comment

Im not that interested in knowing my ph

Comment

Those are pretty much useless .
                    Buy a Hanna Meter if you're serious about finding/monitoring the PH of your soil.

Comment

Seems easy enough to test. Take samples, use the meter and record readings. Send samples off and compare results.

I wouldn't think an $8 piece of electronics would be reliable but then again who knows until you test it out?

Comment

Got back the soil tests and it looks like the $8.00 probe tester was pretty much spot on about the ph levels.

Comment

Who would have thought!

Comment

Good to know

Thanks for posting results

I would have bet against it being very accurate
                            Glad I didn’t bet anyone

Comment

Working...
                            X