No announcement yet.

Tactacam with Reaktor Solar Panel problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I thought I was the only one with that problem . . I have a new reveal x with a new reaktor . . It was working . . Now the reaktor blinks and the camera won't turn on . . In for results . .

Comment

I bought 4 reaktors a couple of weeks ago and out of the box one of them would not charge anything. Hooked up several Tacatacam and Browning cameras as well as my phone and nothing would charge.

Comment

I have a Tactacam XB with the Reaktor solar panel, but also put alkaline batteries in it as a backup in the event the solar panel didn't charge properly. Camera has been out 3 weeks and battery life has stayed at 100%, with approximately 1000 pictures taken, so it appears mine is working. I know when I bought my Reaktor at the Elusive Wildlife booth at the TTHA Extravaganza back in August the representative told me they have a 1 year warranty, so hopefully if the Reaktor is bad they will agree to replace it. Please update what Elusive Wildlife tells you, that way if any of us that have them begin to experience the same problem, your experience might help.

Comment

I tried one of those reaktor solar panels and it would not power my cuddelink cameras. Or anything else. Red lights were on and it was charged but no output. Took it back and got the cuddeback solar panel. Its been working great for 2 months now.

Comment

Update - I spoke with Elusive Wildlife today, super nice people and very helpful. He mentioned they have been seeing a random port failure in these out of the box lately. He said it is a small amount units. They are going to send me 2 replacements and ensure they are working before shipping. Great customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by Plan B View Post
              Update - I spoke with Elusive Wildlife today, super nice people and very helpful. He mentioned they have been seeing a random port failure in these out of the box lately. He said it is a small amount units. They are going to send me 2 replacements and ensure they are working before shipping. Great customer service.
              Glad to hear it.

Comment

Thanks for the update and guess I will be contacting them today to try and get a replacement.

Comment

Mine used the AA rechargeable batteries up then would not charge from the Reaktor. I made my own battery pack using two 12 volt feeder batteries, a solar panel with charge controller and a 50 caliber ammo can. Its been going for several months now.

Comment

Bumping this.

Bought a panel and charged it on 120 for 2 days. Powered cam, set up and put it in the yard. Took a total of 12 photos and it's dead. When not in full sun all the lights flashing rapidly

Charge lights only come on when in direct full blown sun. Tried upside down, push the button and prayed to sunlight Jesus. Nothing.

Guess I'm calling

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I may have gotten a lemon too.

Full charge and hooked to a camera for 3 days. 0 pictures taken and dead. Camera and panel were set inside to function as a security camera for a weekend.

Comment

I put mine in the sun at 230. If it's dead tomorrow it's going back. I don't think it powers off via the button anyway

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Buy these off Amazon. They have a 6v and 12v plug, come with multiple cords and they have a really nice metal mount. I have 14 of them and they have been flawless

Comment

Update… I replaced one of two units with a new reactor from elusive wildlife. It’s working like a champ. They also emailed me about resetting the unit like a post earlier in this thread. It worked also on unit 2 of 2.

The additional instructions suggested I Cover the solar panel and hold the test button for a few seconds. It resets the unit and you should be good unless you have a dead port. This method worked for me. No problems since resetting a unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Plan B View Post
                              Update… I replaced one of two units with a new reactor from elusive wildlife. It’s working like a champ. They also emailed me about resetting the unit like a post earlier in this thread. It worked also on unit 2 of 2.

The additional instructions suggested I Cover the solar panel and hold the test button for a few seconds. It resets the unit and you should be good unless you have a dead port. This method worked for me. No problems since resetting a unit.
                              Ive done both but not at the same time. Ill try that

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfootwolff View Post
                                I have a Tactacam XB with the Reaktor solar panel, but also put alkaline batteries in it as a backup in the event the solar panel didn't charge properly. Camera has been out 3 weeks and battery life has stayed at 100%, with approximately 1000 pictures taken, so it appears mine is working. I know when I bought my Reaktor at the Elusive Wildlife booth at the TTHA Extravaganza back in August the representative told me they have a 1 year warranty, so hopefully if the Reaktor is bad they will agree to replace it. Please update what Elusive Wildlife tells you, that way if any of us that have them begin to experience the same problem, your experience might help.
                                I've had it happen to me as well. Hopefully there is a response.

Comment

Working...
                                X