Is this common at your job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zztex View Post
    My old coworker called in sick every Monday after the Super Bowl. Every year
    That *******!!

Comment

They must have lots of problems and not like their job.

Comment

Lazy...

Comment

Been going on for a long time. I was a detective and showed up everyday a little after 700am to get my day ready. My hours were 8am to 4pm. We had a guy that would show up 805 to 810 almost everyday. That was back in the 90's so it is nothing new although I think in todays "woke" world it is more common. My neighbor is grumbling because he has to go back in to the office to work rather than work from home. Did I mention he golfed a lot, lol.

Comment

"Quiet quitting."

Comment

Okrattler, how many kids do you have?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
                Okrattler, how many kids do you have?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
                None. That's why I can't figure out how these dudes are missing so much work. One has child support to pay. I just have regular bills. They don't throw you in prison if you don't pay those. Kids have to eat. I don't have to have electricity or water. I choose to because it makes life easier.

Comment

Yes. It’s very common nowadays. When I was at Hilton in San Marcos, I had a guy who would ‘no-call, no show” two days in a row quite often. 3 days in a row is automatic termination so he would dry out enough to come in on the third and usually ask to leave early. We would write him up and just move on. The upper management didn’t want to fire him bc we were short handed then. He eventually quit so the problem was gone.
                  Did have another that would call in once a week. He always said he always had food poisoning so he couldn’t come in. Didn’t bother me bc he was hourly. I did fire him later for stealing time

Comment

I learned long time ago, not to worry about what others do. Better off that way

Comment

we get 5 state days a year as a teacher and they roll over each year if you dont use them. Many districts give you a couple district days that dont roll over. Right now I have 45 days built up, many teachers I know have zero and tend to have to take pay deductions each year because they miss too many. I may take a day off on halloween simply because I love to hunt that day each year.

Comment

I think I've called in at my current job 5 times in 16 years. Got several that I work/worked with that call in fairly often. All different ages. We have a point system, so they are somewhat limited.

Comment

What if you catch the Rona during the “rut” & get to quarantine in the woods

Comment

The company I work for has an attendance incentive. To qualify an employee has to basically do what they are already expected to do.....show up on time, work a full shift and don't call out. Vacation days, scheduled doctor's appointments (with doctors note brought back to work), funerals, etc don't effect it. It's $750 of free money every quarter and we still have people not qualify for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Stewart View Post
                              Been going on for a long time. I was a detective and showed up everyday a little after 700am to get my day ready. My hours were 8am to 4pm. We had a guy that would show up 805 to 810 almost everyday. That was back in the 90's so it is nothing new although I think in todays "woke" world it is more common. My neighbor is grumbling because he has to go back in to the office to work rather than work from home. Did I mention he golfed a lot, lol.
                              I cant wait until all these work at home guys return to the office. They are really jacking up the golf course and me being able to play a round of golf in 2-2.5 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by TCR² View Post
                                The company I work for has an attendance incentive. To qualify an employee has to basically do what they are already expected to do.....show up on time, work a full shift and don't call out. Vacation days, scheduled doctor's appointments (with doctors note brought back to work), funerals, etc don't effect it. It's $750 of free money every quarter and we still have people not qualify for it.
                                In college the place I worked at did a smaller $25 bonus per pay period for perfect attendance. They scrapped it all together citing not enough participation.

Comment

Working...
                                X