No announcement yet.

East Texas hunting 2022-‘23 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. We had a 1/4 inch rain at the lease yesterday and saw some on the ground today. Oh well. Nothing to do except dig in.

Comment

suprise

Click image for larger version

Name:	09170470 (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	275.9 KB
ID:	24692629 This is a first for our lease south of Jasper

Comment

Originally posted by doright View Post
        [ATTACH]1102601[/ATTACH] This is a first for our lease south of Jasper
        That’s cool. I have seen quite a few on our place between Onalaska and Groveton.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
          That’s cool. I have seen quite a few on our place between Onalaska and Groveton.
          That place has always had the birds

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good to see the birds.

Comment

Originally posted by doright View Post
              [ATTACH]1102601[/ATTACH] This is a first for our lease south of Jasper

That awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Im excited about the acorns this year when in the past Ive cursed them. I put up a tree stand this year in a hickory tree over looking 7 mature water oaks creekside. Cleared a lot of brush under them early summer. Thats a lot of food falling from the sky.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                  Im excited about the acorns this year when in the past Ive cursed them. I put up a tree stand this year in a hickory tree over looking 7 mature water oaks creekside. Cleared a lot of brush under them early summer. Thats a lot of food falling from the sky.

And you forgot to mention that it’s free.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                    And you forgot to mention that it’s free.

Yup. Maybe Ill get me one of them “spoon and crockpot” deers this year everyone talks about.

Comment

Put a couple plots in this weekend. Chestnuts are coming on, need to try and propagate some from seed.

Quite a few bucks on camera, some nice youngsters with good upside (if they make it)

Comment

Ran all cameras and mock scrapes today as well as prepped several trees for saddle. Bought a whole box of 6” 3/8 bolts and set them for steps. Ain’t found main event…. Or kaboom.
                        I’ve got all of Lola’s shooters located but not anything I’d burn a tag on.

“Pin ball wizard” heavy 9pt (5.5)
                        “Copy cat” good framed buck with weak 3, and brows (5.5)
                        “Pabst” been a big browed 6 forever… now a 7 (5.5)

I’ll keep looking…. Pigs are in new feed pen everyday. Hog panels with protein feeder. Nothing on ground. Can’t have nice things. They are in 100% of my pens again

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                          Ran all cameras and mock scrapes today as well as prepped several trees for saddle. Bought a whole box of 6” 3/8 bolts and set them for steps. Ain’t found main event…. Or kaboom.
                          I’ve got all of Lola’s shooters located but not anything I’d burn a tag on.

“Pin ball wizard” heavy 9pt (5.5)
                          “Copy cat” good framed buck with weak 3, and brows (5.5)
                          “Pabst” been a big browed 6 forever… now a 7 (5.5)

I’ll keep looking…. Pigs are in new feed pen everyday. Hog panels with protein feeder. Nothing on ground. Can’t have nice things. They are in 100% of my pens again
                          Go get em Kyle.

Comment

The first picture is this same time last year of a pipeline on our land. We used to lease it out for cattle grazing and they over grazed it per the photo above so we ended the lease with them. Because of the constant overgrazing we never had adequate grass for deer and other animals and our deer numbers seen per hunt reflected that. This year the rye grass has taken off and the deer are loving it. The second photo is from yesterday at the same location as the over grazed grass but now there is plenty of food and cover for them. The grass has gotten so tall and lush it’s growing up and falling over. Just crazy to see first hand how dictating the habitat for the better has largely increased the photos of deer we get and how many we see driving the property now.

Comment

Originally posted by 97JeepGuy View Post

The first picture is this same time last year of a pipeline on our land. We used to lease it out for cattle grazing and they over grazed it per the photo above so we ended the lease with them. Because of the constant overgrazing we never had adequate grass for deer and other animals and our deer numbers seen per hunt reflected that. This year the rye grass has taken off and the deer are loving it. The second photo is from yesterday at the same location as the over grazed grass but now there is plenty of food and cover for them. The grass has gotten so tall and lush it’s growing up and falling over. Just crazy to see first hand how dictating the habitat for the better has largely increased the photos of deer we get and how many we see driving the property now.

Wow. Looks like you’ve got it going on. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Deer I call Snake. He was a 4 yr old 8 last yr on the little trinity co place. He through matching kickers and has some bump G4’s. Cool frame, short beams

Comment

Working...
                                X