No announcement yet.

Bear Grizzly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went ahead and ordered the Grizzly in 55#.

We will see how she shoots when she gets here.

From what i've been reading I'll have to upgrade the string. Any recommendations for a Dacron String?

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
      Went ahead and ordered the Grizzly in 55#.

We will see how she shoots when she gets here.

From what i've been reading I'll have to upgrade the string. Any recommendations for a Dacron String?
      Aren't the new ones FF rated?
      Regardless, www.hcbstrings.com is the best choice for strings.
      Daniel makes a great string, quiet and long lasting.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
      Last edited by DRT; 10-27-2021, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
        Aren't the new ones FF rated?
        Regardless, www.hcbstrings.com is the best choice for strings.
        Daniel makes a great string, quiet and long lasting.

Last I heard was that the current Grizzly is the only bow in Bears’ lineup that doesn’t have what they consider reinforcing limb tips, and it’s not rated for fast flight strings. Super Grizzly is though.

Agree with what you said. The Grizzly is the 30-30 or 870 of the over the counter trad archery world. I got an early 70’s model and it’s a sweetheart of a bow. You should be happy with one, always use it as a backup if you upgrade.

Comment

Daniel does non FF as well.

Comment

Unless I’m unpleasantly surprised at when my bear gets here....it may be an 870 but it’s a wing master. They are good looking bows....a lot nicer looking than what I’ve seen some other lower end recurves look.

But as long as I can shoot it, that’s what matters

Comment

Unless I’m unpleasantly surprised at when my bear gets here....it may be an 870 but it’s a wing master. They are good looking bows....a lot nicer looking than what I’ve seen some other lower end recurves look.

I wouldn't take it as a slight.
              I take it as a bow that fills the biggest market niche in a way that is not only functional but reliable and stands the test of time.
              Good looking is in the eye of the beholder. And a deer doesn't care how good the bow looks as the arrow slips between it's ribs.
              What is important is how it shoots for you. Because if it doesn't, being pretty or expensive doesn't mean squat.

Comment

X2

To my eye, my Remington 870 20 gauge Upland Special is a beautiful shotgun. To my all day quail hunting feet, knees and back, my Remington 870 20 gauge Upland Special is a beautiful shotgun.

In my book comparing a Remington Model 870 and The Bear Grizzly is a compliment to both. Good luck with it.

Comment

Got the grizzly in this afternoon.

Didn't have time to mess with it until i got home around 8, but i strung it, threw a nock on it and fired a few test arrows in the backyard. Although I couldn't see where I was hitting, I hit the target all 6 times from around 12 yards. went i went to pull the arrows the groups were surprisingly good considering it was dark. Bow is very light compared to my Satori and it felt good in the hand. shooting a 10 gpp arrow, it was a tad noisy but this is a bow that just has a quiver on it....no limbsavers, calf hair on the back of the limbs or poofs/cat whiskers.

Initial thought is I like it.

I also can immediately see why ya'll compared it to an 870. Its an attractive bow but not insanely beautiful, functional but not fancy. I've only held two bows prior, my Satori and a Sage Sammick and it feels alot better than the sage and I dare say it feels better in my hand than the Satori.

Will get some more shooting in on Thursday

Comment

Yep. I killed a lot of dove and ducks with an 870SPS. That gun had so many 5 stand rounds and boxes of clay birds thrown in front of it. Dang near ejected the shell on it's own when I shot it.
                    You'll enjoy the bow.

Comment

It goes for you too.
                      Pics, or it never happened.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck with the new stick!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Memory doesn't function so good.....
                            Seems like I paid maybe $60 for a Grizzly in 1966.
                            It treated me very well until I traded it for the first Jennings compound which proved to be a dumb move on my part.
                            Grizzly = a great bow.

Comment

Bear Grizzly

Well, the quality control dosen’t loom to be too good on that bow! Somebody cut the shelf on the wrong side of the riser!!! [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

J/K……..[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Looks great!
                                Now go get it bloody!

Comment

Working...
                                X