No announcement yet.

F250 4x4 leveled. Pros/Cons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I leveled my 19' with a 2.5" ready lift kit, steering stabilizer on 37's... Drive ability I no different to me, have a friend that has a brand new 21' Tremor and I think they ride similarly...

You will lose fuel mileage! But I didn't buy a 3/4 ton truck expecting great fuel mileage!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexaswBOWhunter View Post
      I leveled my 19' with a 2.5" ready lift kit, steering stabilizer on 37's... Drive ability I no different to me, have a friend that has a brand new 21' Tremor and I think they ride similarly...

You will lose fuel mileage! But I didn't buy a 3/4 ton truck expecting great fuel mileage!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
      Same and went with the 37 x 11's on my 2017

Comment

I did a 3:1 level with 35's and it's perfect. No cons in my book

Comment

Originally posted by Lafuria View Post
          I did the level and put the 36 inch toyo mts on my 2014 f250 diesel went from 17 on highway to 13, looked great, will never do it again, also wish i woulda done toyo ats bc of the noise, guess im getting old.
          My 2019 left it stock.
          However i recently googled the tremor package which i think is bigger tires guys claim they are getting 18 on highway might get that next time

Did you recalibrate your speedo for the bigger tires? 17 to 13 sounds like a big drop in MPG. Just wondering as I am looking at a 2014 now.

Comment

Whats the benefit?

Comment

I put 2" MaxRacing aluminum spacers under the spring pads of my 2019 F350 when I put my front full replacement bumper on a couple of weeks ago. No change in steering/handling and looks great.

Comment

I’m running 35’s factory. No issues at all . I did trim the valance to make it look taller.

Comment

The bigger difference that you are seeing in fuel mileage is from the larger tires.....not so much from the leveling. Bigger, heavier, and wider tires will cause immediate and very noticeable negative changes in MPG no matter what the level or lift is on the truck.

Comment

FWIW, 37’s look perfect on these trucks with a level. I actually use my truck to pull on a regular basis and the large tires eat up power and more importantly, can cause issues when pulling goosenecks because the bed is too high.

If I had my truck just for fun and wanted it to look a certain way then I’d definitely go with a level and 37’s. I don’t know how to describe it other than “that is the way a truck is supposed to look.” It just isn’t feasible for me with the way I use mine.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                      Is that a tremor package? Doesn’t say it on the side but like everything being blacked out. Good looking truck.

It’s their new sport trim package. I love it. Especially the headlights. Almost got a tremor until I saw this one. Thanks for the compliment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

tremor is the ready lift system put on the 2019 frame.

2020 was dropped by 1" over all to try and fix the death wobble issue.

Comment

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
                          tremor is the ready lift system put on the 2019 frame.

2020 was dropped by 1" over all to try and fix the death wobble issue.

I noticed on mine they installed a dual steering stabilizer to try and correct that also.

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                            I leveled my 2017. Readylift kit and no difference in drive ability.

Put on 35’s, ranch hand full replacement and mileage dropped from 17 to 15.

Now run 37’s and I get 12-14 mpg. But dang it looks good

I did 35’s at first then went to 37’s. Wish I would have never went to 37’s.

Comment

Only advice I can give, is to make sure they use leveling springs and not the “pucks”. I owned an off-road shop for years and the “pucks” take away from the ride of the vehicle. I just did my Ram 3500 dually and I used the Bilstein springs and dual reservoir shocks. Ride like a Cadillac....for a dually!! Lol

Comment

Working...
                              X