Prostate Biopsy Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prostate Biopsy Today

I left out the word cancer in the title because we are praying that I don't have cancer. Of course I would not be having a biopsy unless there was a real chance of having prostate cancer.

I recently read the threads of two TBH members concerning their struggles with and treatments for prostate cancer. I have spoken prayers for both members and will continue to do so.

While reading these threads I was waiting on results from a prostate specific MRI that was done at the University of Iowa Medical Center. I got the results week before last from my urologist. The MRI detected a small lesion. The U of I radiologists rate lesions on a 1-5 scale. 1-2 benign, 3 undetermined, 4-5 very likely cancer. Mine was a 3. This added to the uncertainty because my PSA which had slowly climbed from 2 to just over 4 in the last 4 to 5 years had actually dropped to below 4 back in January. Since my history was showing a gradual climb in my PSA, (excluding the last test that dropped), and the undetermined rating on the lesion my urologist recommend the biopsy.

The MRI guided biopsy aided my urologist to target the lesion. He took another 12 or so samples as well.

The biopsy itself was not too bad because I was pretty well knocked out. The anesthesiologist called it a "light" sleep, but I was out. Now.....the after effects have not been fun. It's painful to use the bathroom and there is definitely some blood loss occuring.

Now it's back to the waiting game for the biopsy results. I have tried to be proactive thru this process of monitoring my PSA. First I pray that this lesion is benign. If it is cancer I pray that we have caught it early.

I have been told that if we live long enough we will all get prostate cancer in some form or fashion.

Make sure you are getting PSA tests when you have a physical exam at any age, but especially when you are over 60.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arrowsmith; 04-06-2021, 04:52 PM.

Dangit Mike! I hate to read this

I’ll add you to our prayers!

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
      I left out the word cancer in the title because we are praying that I don't have cancer. Of course I would not be having a biopsy unless there was a real chance of having prostate cancer.

I recently read the threads of two TBH members concerning their struggles with and treatments for prostate cancer. I have spoken prayers for both members and will continue to do so.

While reading these threads I was waiting on results from a prostate specific MRI that was done at the University of Iowa Medical Center. I got the results week before last from my urologist. The MRI detected a small lesion. The U of I radiologists rate lesions on a 1-5 scale. 1-2 benign, 3 undetermined, 4-5 very likely cancer. Mine was a 3. This added to the uncertainty because my PSA which had slowly climbed from 2 to just over 4 in the last 4 to 5 years had actually dropped to below 4 back in January. Since my history was showing a gradual climb in my PSA, (excluding the last test that dropped), and the undetermined rating on the lesion my urologist recommend the biopsy.

The MRI guided biopsy aided my urologist to target the lesion. He took another 12 or so samples as well.

The biopsy itself was not too bad because I was pretty well knocked out. The anesthesiologist called it a "light" sleep, but I was out. Now.....the after effects have not been fun. It's painful to use the bathroom and there is definitely some blood loss occuring.

Now it's back to the waiting game for the biopsy results. I have tried to be proactive thru this process of monitoring my PSA. First I pray that this lesion is benign. If it is cancer I pray that we have caught it early.

I have been told that if we live long enough we will all get prostate cancer in some form or fashion.

Make sure you are getting PSA tests when you have a physical exam at any age, but especially when you are over 60.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
      Sound advice. I got prostate cancer when I was 50. Been clean ever since.

Comment

Good luck and prayers up for you.

Comment

Prayers will be sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Praying you are clean! Cancer sucks!

Comment

Sorry to hear this Mike....Prayers up that it comes back with good news.

Comment

Prayers up for you and your Family of a good outcome.

Comment

We TBHers are all behind you in your prognosis and recovery

Comment

Pulling for you!

Comment

Prayers for for your results to be negative and for peace and comfort.

Comment

I have been cancer free for 4 years now. I had to have the radical prostatectomy all my cores were 3 and 4 and most were 70% cancer. Keep the faith.

Comment

Prayers up!

Comment

Prayers for you. My father just finished his 28 day radiation treatment last week. He didn’t enjoy the process, but said it wasn’t painful or too long of a process each day. We are hopeful and optimistic. Keep your faith in the Lord.

Comment

Dang. Hope everything works out for you, Mike. I just had my PSA drawn last week. Luckily, mine was normal.

Comment

Working...
                              X