X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i ended up with a Taylor GS mini for my beginner guitar after alot of research. I like it, i havent played in awhile need to pick it back up.

Comment

I called the music store in Bozeman, he has both mini-e and mini-e plus in stock. I asked him for the $999 what other options he’d suggest.

He said there’s a nice Gibson with full size body- made at the Gibson factory- in Bozeman. A Montana-made guitar.

Comment

Gibson is doubling the size of their Bozeman production plant. Hiring 100-200 more people to build ‘em.

Comment

Been playing, teaching some and playing in working bands for the past decade...

Electric is easier, period. The light gage strings and lower action, it's just physics. That said there's a lot more going on... guitar, amp, cables.

GOOD acoustics are fine to learn on but your finger tips will get sore. But that too will pass.
            I saw you mention Taylor - They don't let a bad guitar out the door. I tend to steer people to the 314CE. It's that middle ground good enough to play professionally but attainable. But ANY of the Taylors should be fine.
            Among the most popular Taylor models and one of the best-selling

For lessons? Youtube is your new best friend. Marty is where I'd start:[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNSaXAe8tyg&t=61s"]Beginner Acoustic Lesson 1 - Your Very First Guitar Lesson (E Minor + Asus2) - YouTube[/ame]

Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by LETRRIP View Post
              I own 35 Acoustic guitars ranging from $4000 on down. I would highly recommend a Epiphone “Masterbilt” acoustic guitar for anyone wanting a reasonably priced solid wood guitar. The two I own sound as good as my higher price guitars. What ever you decide on get a setup done on it and leave it setting out on a guitar stand so it is easily accessible and enjoyable to play.
              Yes !! I love mine ! Well worth what ever they cost !! If you go without the electronics, they are very affordable.

Comment

Thanks again guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                  I called the music store in Bozeman, he has both mini-e and mini-e plus in stock. I asked him for the $999 what other options he’d suggest.

He said there’s a nice Gibson with full size body- made at the Gibson factory- in Bozeman. A Montana-made guitar.

The G-45 I think is now discontinued. Might be able to find one there in Bozeman though. All solid wood for 1k definitely isn’t bad. I’d play it before buying though. I just bought a j-45 and a lot internet opinions that Gibson quality is or miss. I haven’t personally experienced but did notice a lot of tonal variation in different guitars. Love my j-45 and liked the G-45 I played in the store.

Still don’t think going with a gs mini is a bad idea, just know that it’s a smaller guitar amd not expecting it to be a full-size.

Comment

I bought the GS Mini-e in koa wood yesterday. I went in to but the Plus model, but with the black shading around the edge of the body, I couldn’t see the beautiful wood. We got hone late from BozeAngeles.

I strummed it a bit at home, set up a first month of free online lessons that Blain from Music Villa here produces and listened to the first couple short lessons.

I’ll post some pictures later- it’s TBH or ir didn’t happen!

Thanks for the guidance!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                      I bought the GS Mini-e in koa wood yesterday. I went in to but the Plus model, but with the black shading around the edge of the body, I couldn’t see the beautiful wood. We got hone late from BozeAngeles.

I strummed it a bit at home, set up a first month of free online lessons that Blain from Music Villa here produces and listened to the first couple short lessons.

I’ll post some pictures later- it’s TBH or ir didn’t happen!

Thanks for the guidance!

That’s just great Bill! Learn the G, C and D7 chords, and buy a capo. You will then be able to find the correct key and strum along with approximately 94.62% of the songs ever written in our “Western” part of the Planet Earth. Then learn the A chord. After that, you can strum along with 100% of our songs! Very interested to hear how your guitar playing progresses. Go get those fingers sore and check back in. Lots of us on TBH pick guitars, and we all wish you the best!

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                        That’s just great Bill! Learn the G, C and D7 chords, and buy a capo. You will then be able to find the correct key and strum along with approximately 94.62% of the songs ever written in our “Western” part of the Planet Earth. Then learn the A chord. After that, you can strum along with 100% of our songs! Very interested to hear how your guitar playing progresses. Go get those fingers sore and check back in. Lots of us on TBH pick guitars, and we all wish you the best!

And be patient when it comes to the dreaded F chord

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations. A lot of good advice here from a lot of different skill level players. Maybe the best advice was from the ones that said put it on a stand where you can see it. A guitar in a case rarely gets played. I've got 2 or 3 scattered throughout the house at any time but both my sons play too so my wife gave up on keeping them contained to the music room.

Comment

Tonight, starting to strum.

Comment

G,C and D and you are off to be a country star.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by etbowhunter View Post
                                Congratulations. A lot of good advice here from a lot of different skill level players. Maybe the best advice was from the ones that said put it on a stand where you can see it. A guitar in a case rarely gets played. I've got 2 or 3 scattered throughout the house at any time but both my sons play too so my wife gave up on keeping them contained to the music room.

My concern with leaving it on the stand is our house is 20% relative humanity. I bought a humidifier that goes between the D and G strings when it’s cased. Taylor’s warranty excludes humidity caused cracks in the wood.

It’s part of living in Montana a dry area at 5k+ elevation I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X