No announcement yet.

First burn on my place in NE Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn’t look too hard after watching a couple YouTube videos. Plan on burning about 6 acres next weekend.

JK ain’t no way in heck I’d do it. I’ve looked a little for a reputable person/company in my area but haven’t had luck finding one yet.

Comment

Good deal! If more people burned in east Texas we could have more turkey and quail!

Comment

There are quite a few resources available for landowners in east Texas to burn.
        I’ve hired contractors to burn my place 5 times now.
        There are many insured, forestry consultants and contractors that know how to burn and several state and federal grants to help pay for it.

Hopefully we see the same adoption in central / west Texas where wildfire threats and fuel loads are greater

Comment

Tag

Comment

Originally posted by HuntForHorns View Post
            On a side note. Anyone ever had a fire get out of control and burn your neighbors property or had a neighbor let one get out of control and burn your place? What happens next? Are you liable for all damages if your fire gets out and burns a neighbors barn down?
            Yes, you are liable for any burns that get out of control and get onto your neighbors property. This could be a prescribed burn or a brush pile burn, so make sure you know what you are doing before going and lighting a match.

Comment

Burning is a great tool and preventive aid for out of control fire. I would recommend a certified insured burn manager. The Texas Forestry Association lists about a dozen.

Comment

You will be happy with the result!

Comment

I sure wish we could burn our lease over a couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                    $40 an acre!? 🤯
                    I would guess there is some economy of scale that determines his cost. Also I would hate to see this guys insurance bill.

Comment

why back in the ol'days i member my abuelo, do control burns as well chamuscando the cactus, for the cows.. those were the days in Duval county

Comment

Originally posted by El Paisano View Post
                        You guys are welcome to come down and help me do mine near Crockett.
                        this

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                          There are pros that do it more reasonable than you might expect. They handle everything including liability insurance. Might be worth looking into. A couple years ago I got a quote of about $40 an acre.
                          40 an acre does not seem to bad. Is there a minimum?

Comment

My neighbor did a prescribed burn this fall. He used a certified burn master, which was required since our county was under a burn ban. It looked to me that it mostly burned the grass and weeds. It did not take out as much of the undergrowth as I thought it would. It did nothing to the cactus except to highlight how much he has.

Comment

MEC Environmental LLC has been providing prescribed fire, special event standby and Federal fire response for over 15 years.   mecovey@sbcglobal.net

Comment

I wish I could find someone in Wood County. I have found a couple bear Lufkin but I don't own enough acres to get them up here.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X