No announcement yet.

Washing machine quality.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another for Samsung sucks! Wouldn’t own another appliance of there’s.

Comment

Ok, Samsung sux

Comment

Purchased speed queen washer and dryer October. Dryer has a lil noise and they can’t figure it out. Waiting to hear back from gold star appliance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We have had our Kenmore for 6 yrs and working great

Comment

We bought a Samsung top loader set last year. It's in use 7 days a week, 365. Not a hiccup yet.

Comment

We have a Washing machine that is about five years old also. From what we have heard, talking to others, washing machines made around that time, you do not want. Does not seem to matter what brand, it was stupid stuff they were trying to do around that time, that causes all types of problems.

About five years ago, my wife decided that the Whirlpool washer and drier we had, that were probably 25 years old, needed to go. They worked great, zero problems, but they were from the 90s, back when washers and dryers lasted a long time. Well we sold them very cheaply, stupidly. Then went down and got her a new washing machine and pulled her nearly new dryer out of storage she has been hanging onto since before we got married. Well the dryer turns out to have become a mouse condo. They had packed grass all in that thing, peed in the nests they made, which there were a bunch of nests. So the nearly new dryer was rusted in multiple areas. But she insisted I disassemble the thing and clean out the mouse condo and she hates mice. She normally will through out anything that has been contaminated by mice, in any way shape or form. But not that dryer, it was a special dryer. I spent two days cleaning that thing after taking it apart. Then put it back together. Then it still stunk. But she eventually got the smell out, because she was determined that we were going to follow through with her big plan to get rid of my old washer and dryer, at any cost. So we have a dryer that's a lot lower end dryer than my old Whirlpool dryer.

Then if that was not bad enough, we went out and bought a new washing machine, because she did not have a special washing machine saved, with a mouse condo in it. So we bought a new washing machine. I want to say it's a Whirlpool. It has been nothing but trouble ever since we got it. It will start shaking and walking around, then shut down. Does not matter how big of a load, how much time you spend trying to make sure the load is balanced. It will not wash a load of clothes from start to finish without shaking very badly. Then once it has gotten to far out of whack, it shuts down. The lid is locked, you have to press the right button, then wait for it to decide it's safe to unlock the lid and let you try and redistribute the load in the washer. Then when you restart it, it starts from the beginning, all over again. I have tried to level the **** thing many times, tried all types of things to keep it from shaking it's self to death. The only thing we have found that works, is if someone sits on top of it, then it will run smoothly.
              She just loves her washer. As soon as we can afford another washer and dryer, those two are going away. We had the Whirlpool guys come out or maybe they were from Lowes, don't remember. But they looked it over, said there was nothing wrong with it, that's all normal. We called them about two months after we got the washer. We have talked to them a couple of times since, they made it clear they were not going to do anything about it. My wife has since talked to many other women who have bought washers from the same time period and found they all suck from that time period. Supposedly the ones made a year or two later are fine.
              Also we were told by the guys that came out to look at the washer, that most all, if not all of the washers and dryers are made by the same company now. They are all the same designs, just different styling and options. Don't know if that's true or not.

You are not alone in the washer problem deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
                Speed Queen quality has now suffered as well. Dunno if it’s due to EPA or what. But it seems over the last two or three years changes were made to SQ design. As a result the washing machines don’t get dirty clothes as clean as once did.
                Speed Queen reverted back to their classic model for 2019. We bought a matched set in Dec with a 10 year factory warranty. I love them and have been putting the miles on the set from day one. We cut them no slack. Very happy with our purchase.

Comment

We have a GE that does the same thing. I finally figured out that the lower level settings don't put enough water in the tub for a good float, which puts a heavier load on the motor. I can't find how to adjust the sensor to adjust it. We just use large and jumbo load settings and it works fine ninety nine percent of the time. It is maddening. Darn lid locks electronic controls are for the birds.

Comment

Maytag has been excellent for me. Whirlpool may own them. But, Maytag quality is much better that a normal Whirlpool. Speed Queen is probably the most heavy duty without a doubt.

Comment

washer

Originally posted by Mertzon Man View Post
                      Have a six year old SAMSUNG top load and have error codes for the past three months many parts and money. Would not recommend!
                      we got Kenmore elite I think its same as your Samsung...I'm guessing ours is 6-8y old...one repair while under warranty.Been OK but it rusting to pieces above tub around soap add area...It ain't surface it looks like a car from up north.ate up with salt..

But it still working

Comment

Speed queen. Old school, easy to troubleshoot and fix yourself if something breaks. And all the parts are available.

Comment

Originally posted by kry226 View Post
                          Speed Queen reverted back to their classic model for 2019. We bought a matched set in Dec with a 10 year factory warranty. I love them and have been putting the miles on the set from day one. We cut them no slack. Very happy with our purchase.
                          This right here. They moved away from trying to be efficient with less water and reverted back to the old transmission. Purchased ours in December, zero regrets.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                            speed queen. Mine is about 10 years old and been through two boys and sports. Still going strong.
                            this!!!

Comment

We have played the washer and dryer game a couple of times over the last few years. Built our house, bought all new appliances back in 2004. Purchased a set of Whirlpools "duet" washer and dryer(gas). Things worked like champs for 13 plus years with heavy daily use. Dont think in all that time we needed a single service call for either. Finally the bearing in the back of the barrel on the washer, started going out. The appliance company repair guy said it would be more than it was worth to repair( labor costs). In the meantime, SIL went to work as an engineer for GE. So with the employee discount he got for me, I purchased a pair of top of the line set of GE's, to replaced the "Duets". Well when the new GE's arrived, I helped the delivery guys get the old ones out and the new ones in. During this process of helping the guys, I immediately noticed there could be trouble coming. The new GE's, which were approximately the same size and shape, didnt weigh a 1/3 of what the "Duets" weighted. Well long story short, after a years or so of repeated service calls to GE ( NOT ENOUGH WATER, TIMER ISSUES, ETC) my wife said get these things out of here, "I dont care what you do with them, just get them out". So... I when back to our original appilance sales company and asked the service mgr which direction we should go in, he said that nobody makes a good washer and dryer anymore, especially washers. To get a name brand ( they tend to have a little better warranties), the most basic model you can get, that best suited to your particular needs and just plan on replacing it every 3 to 5 years. So thats what we did and thats where we're at. Figure we'll get a few years out of these, and when trouble starts, we'll just start the game over. Ed

Comment

My advice is to buy the simplest top loader from a name brand. Avoid anything digital. Look for knobs and buttons. I gave my last dryer away to my MIL. It's going strong at 57 years old. My current one is 20 years old. Both are easy to work on and simple to diagnose issues. Everything digital is designed with planned obsolescence (designed to fail after so long). Simple and robust is the cheapest way to go. Now if you wanna be part of the cool club and have colorful stylish stuff, by all means get matching front loading colorful washer and dryer. They won't last beyond 8 years but they will be attractive and impressive to behold!

Comment

Working...
                                X