No announcement yet.

Washing machine quality.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know a couple people that have Speed Queen and the only complaint I have heard from any of them is that they're almost too powerful. Not something I would complain about.

Comment

Samsung is junk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We got black stainless front loading Samsung's this past year...I don't mess with em but my wife says they're great

Comment

I know some people don't like Sears products but, I have always had great luck with their washers and dryers, just recently replaced washer, went with the Kenmore. Works great for me.

Comment

It's a thing that people make a living off buying old units, or getting them for free, buying the parts (since there isn't much to a washer, and even less to a dryer) and fixing them up. They then sell them as a set on Craigslist for roughly $150, if I remember correctly. Had a buddy do this. He said they last forever, easy to work on. He said to never get a front loader, and to stay away from expensive, new ones. They're all going to break within a few years. Old school is the way to go.

Comment

Man Im liking this. Thanx yall

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
                Samsung is junk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                agreed. I regret ever buying samsung. disposable.

Comment

I went thru (3) of the new ones in the last 10 years that are HE. I searched and searched and finally found a use appliance place in New Caney that sold the old style Washers. It has worked well for the 6 months I had it and only paid $200 for it. I refused to buy another HE. I can get parts for the old style online and fix it yourself.

Comment

Speed Queen for about a year now. Wife loves it.

Comment

Another vote for Speed Queen, backed by a 10 year warranty.

Comment

We recently replaced our 6 year old LG garbage set. The washing machine turned into a big rust bucket, and as others have expressed, it just didn't seem to wash very well. The dryer started to get loud, so we ditched them for an "old school" style washer with an agitator and the ability to submerge clothes in water, and a very basic dyer. No space-aged displays with doodads and what-nots. Our pre-LG set was an old Whirlpool set my wife had before we married and it worked fine when we got rid of it, thinking that we "needed" a high-efficiency washer. Boy, were we wrong!

Bottom line, keep them simple and as mechanical as possible. They last longer and will be easier and cheaper to repair!

cricman

Comment

I haven't been in a laundromat in a while, however if I remember correctly they were full of Speed Queen washers and dryers.

Comment

Well, Speed Queen and Old School neck and neck

Comment

We just got a Speed Queen set. In-Laws have had them for a while and love them. We definitely have cleaner clothes.

Comment

Have a six year old SAMSUNG top load and have error codes for the past three months many parts and money. Would not recommend!

Comment

Working...
                                X