Teaching Young Ones Shot Placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
    My 10 yr old daughter is 10/10 with the bog death grip. this includes a bobcat, 2 pigs 3 deeer a wildebeest a giraffe a crocodile and ostrich. giraffe and croc were both head shots at over 100 yrds. IT WORKS.

6.5 is a lot of gun for a 6 yr old. even on the bogs. there wont be recoil but there is a lot of repercussion. My suggesting would be some solid copper bullets in a 223.

We also have a .223 AR. I haven’t had any luck finding hunting ammo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Bass pro sells deer targets that are great for this!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	8639E8BA-A7C2-4E92-ABE1-A1921E79830A.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	24662515

She just turned 6 a few weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
          I have both the Bog Field Pod and the Death Grip. I am trying to figure out which is better for him

Death grip by far. The field pods have too much play in them and the rear support gets in the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            [ATTACH]1063825[/ATTACH]

Good stuff man. What caliber do you have her shooting? What rest have you liked for her?

Comment

My grandson started going to the ranch when he was 2, we started him out with a BB gun, then a .17HMR and by 4 he was a deadeye at 40 yds. Since we all used video cameras there were many times we would ask him where he would shoot and he would always point to the crease, crowding the shoulder like we taught him. At 5, he shot the deer targets and was hammering the crease so he killed his 1st buck that season with a .220 Swift, exactly where he was taught to shoot. He’s almost 18 now and is a great shot!
              Keep working with him, make it fun and y’all will be rewarded with great memories!

Comment

We also have a .223 AR. I haven’t had any luck finding hunting ammo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Check midway and buds gun shop

Cartridge: 243 Winchester - Bullet Weight: 95 - Muzzle Velocity: 3100 - Ballistic Co-efficient: 0.363 - Rounds Per Box: 20 - Rounds Per Case: 200 - Large Diameter Polymer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have both the Bog Field Pod and the Death Grip. I am trying to figure out which is better for him
                  We love the BOG Death Grip. It is awesome! Way better than Caldwell Field Pod we have and used prior

Comment

Good stuff man. What caliber do you have her shooting? What rest have you liked for her?
                    6 creed shooting 108 eldm. Shooting off of a pig saddle on a leofoto LN364

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	F48657E9-519B-4725-8001-CF4FE53E377E.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	24662524

Only good pic I can find of the tripod set up. My dad had to shoot it lol

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                        [ATTACH]1063825[/ATTACH]

God bless daughters shooting with their dads. Great pic!

Comment

Working...
                        X