X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2021 Tahoe 5.3 vs diesel

I’m thinking of buying a new one any one got the diesel
    I want a 4wd

Gas. Everything is cheaper to maintain. Way more R&D in the 5.3 than the diesel.

You will still have the light bulb replacement issues on both.

Comment

Friend has one and my sister in law just ordered one.
      Friends with it love it.

Comment

My son in law has a GMC 4x4 pickup with the diesel and it getting 27mpg in mixed driving.

I’m partial to diesels anyway so it would be an easy choice for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Problem is finding one there all sold as soon as they get to the lot

Comment

Got a 2021 5.3 suburban. Will blow the doors off my 2012 5.3L.
            We love it.

Comment

Drive a 2021 Chevy 1500 crew cab(4X4)with the 3.0. Love the truck 28-30 MPG (hand calculated). If I can talk my wife into a Tahoe or Yukon for her next vehicle it will have the 3.0

Comment

they are having tons of problems with the gas engines right now they are eating vavletrain bunches not making 10000

Comment

I personally wouldn’t buy a GM product at the moment, but if I had to, it would be the diesel.

Comment

I have a 21' 3.0 duramax 4x4 and get 25.5 mpg on the highway going +5 in most cases.

Comment

We need got my wife the 2021 Tahoe with the Duramax. Really happy with it. I don’t think you can’t get the Z71 version with the Duramax in the Tahoe if I recall, but pretty sure you can get the 4x4. I was told this by one of the Chevy service department employees.

Comment

Hauling alot and going offroad?

Comment

We love ours

Comment

We were contemplating the diesel as well, I was told by the dealer that they still require DEF and still have to regen. Decided that the diesel wasn't for us simply because we make lots of short trips to and from the school as well as lots of time at idle while in line at the school picking the kiddos up.

She went with another 6.2l in her yukon xl and its still a beast like the previous 6.2 was but I have some complaints.

1. Worse mileage than the previous 6.2
                            2. Manual says use premium fuel... all while getting worse mileage
                            3. For some crazy reason despite worse mpg, they decreased the fuel tank so range suffers even more. SMH

I can't speak of the 5.3 but that is my take on the 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by mudkat View Post
                              they are having tons of problems with the gas engines right now they are eating vavletrain bunches not making 10000
                              I had to Google it because their new active fuel management system was supposed to solve the valvetrain issues on the previous gen 5.3.

Clearly they still haven't fixed it LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X