Hunting golf cart(pros/cons)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting golf cart(pros/cons)?

I just purchased a 2019 club car temp with the rear seat. I ordered a 6 inch lift and 23 inch tires also. Just looking for some insight from the guys who have had them. What did or didn’t you like? Are there any must haves? I also have a defender crew 1000 so I know this isn’t an atv! Drop pics of your hunting carts too! Thanks guys

They ride rough as ****!

Tough tires are hard to find. Get good ones and have the heavy duty slime put in. I had tons of flats till I did that.

Aside from that I really enjoyed mine. And have no doubt it helped us sneak around mostly undetected. Pigs at night are fun too!

Comment

Forgot to mention it’s a gas cart but it’s a lot more quiet than my canam. We do a lot of thermal hunting and I think it’s gonna be great for that!

Comment

I had one at the lease years ago.

Quiet for sure, but way too rough even with decent roads. If you have red dirt roads that that smooth as glass you’d probably be ok.

I have one at the house now and it’s fun cruising around on, but I would never take one back to hunt with.

Not sure which lift you ordered mine has the standard lift on it nothing crazy and they are still pretty rough once you get them off pavement.

Still fun to have one no doubt.

Comment

Rough ride is the only complaint I have with mine. I know you said yours is gas but electric is where it’s at for a golf cart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks guys! Nice cart did you just paint or is that rhino lined or what?

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStarBoggers View Post
              Thanks guys! Nice cart did you just paint or is that rhino lined or what?

Krylon OD green spray paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Just sold my 2018 Ranger 900 side by side, ( still have my 2004 single bench seat tho). I was having ay too much trouble with it including a warped head. I got $1000.00 more for it than when I bought it.

Now looking for an electric cart. Hope others post on what they have and likes and dislikes.

Comment

What trophy8 said ^^ get 8ply ATV tires and put some slime in them

Get an Elusive wildlife straight red or red/white combo lightbar.

Get a light 2500lb winch with syn rope or store a come-a-long on the buggy

I put red LED "rock lights" in the cubby holes, floor board, rear seat floor board, etc., and loved it.

If you hunt in the woods, take the top off. That thing is a limb magnet and they don't really keep the rain or sun off you that much. Only good thing I found a roof for was the ability to have a windshield.

I also recommend a "clays basket" for the front. I used the heck out of mine.

If you keep the roof maybe grab one of these to put under it. I have one under the hood of my jeep on a switch.

Comment

Have an electric GC, lifted with upgraded controller, FnR switch and cables. It’s been great, not fast but quiet and got me most everywhere I wanted to go. Just purchased a used Ranger Crew as I’m on a place that has a longer ride across the ranch. I’ll keep the GC though it’s fun and it’ll be a good back up. You’ll be amazed at what you can sneak up on.

Comment

I've owned my cart for 3 years now. I'll offer some advice.

Pros:
                      - Quiet. Mine is electric though. But I've snuck up on pigs, deer and coyotes when traveling into the wind. Amazing difference than when riding around on a SxS.
                      - Low maintenance: just maintenance on the batteries, and occasional grease on joints, or snugging down loose bolts.
                      - Short turn radius: short wheel base makes getting in/out of places easier.
                      - Low to the ground, so easy to load up deer/pigs on the back.
                      - Safe: even my 10 year old can drive it around, which is nice. Very low chance of flipping it over or having a bad accident.

Cons:
                      - Ride can be rougher than an ATV. I'm about to install a long-travel kit that should help a bit. However, I drive pretty slow on our ranch roads, so usually not a problem unless you hit a big hole/rock at speed.
                      - Reduced haul capacity: I can carry 10-12 sacks of feed on my cart, but that's less than an ATV can carry.

As others have mentioned, get 6 ply tires and slime them.
                      Last edited by lnester; 09-23-2021, 08:49 AM.

Comment

I love mine. It does ride rough but it’s whisper quiet.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I have an EZGO gas TXT that I tried to use for hunting but within a couple weeks I got a Polaris Ranger. It rode rough, but I hunt hill country so very rocky and it was sketchy going up the roads to hilltops. If I crossed a creek the belt would slip and squeal until it dried out which was horrible for sneaking up on a hunting area. Like others have said if you are on flat ground without a lot of water and mud you might be alright. Mine has a coilover long travel front suspension and it was still pretty rough lol.

Comment

Not a fan. I thermal hunt in my truck and get plenty close.

But then again I don't drive a diesel or F250!

BUT I do stack pigs every weekend almost

Comment

Working...
                            X