• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I’m going to try this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mjjust View Post
      I often make it when I go on public hunts. I cut a piece of venison off when I skin the deer and chop with knife. Just make sure it’s a clean muscle cut. No fat or membrane. This is the basic recipe to start with. Add and adjust as you see fit but this basic recipe tastes pretty amazing all on its own. It lets the meat shine and not cover it up with spices. Keep everything ice cold. I prefer it much more with venison over beef.

1 pound very lean ground beef
      8 ounces grated American cheese
      8 ounces very finely chopped onion
      3 finely chopped serrano peppers
      salt and pepper to taste
      juice of one lime

1 lime can cure 1 lb of ground beef? How long do you you let it sit before eating?

Comment

This thread reminds me that one of my clients was supposed to bring me back some Primos parrisa this past weekend.
        I need to give him a call.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky T View Post
          Anybody know if parisa is available in the Houston or Beaumont area? I love Hondo and Castroville, but, dang.
          I haven't been able to find anyone around here that does it. I asked my processor in Gilbert Woods/Fannett two years ago if he could do it and he looked at me like I was crazy. Seeing these recipes on here I'm going to have to give it a try myself this year.

Also another thing that I love but can't seem to find down here is dried sausage. I have never seen it offered in a processor or even in a gas station like you'll see in the Hill Country. I always just take a few links of my smoked sausage and put it in my dehydrator for about 24 hours or so.

Comment

Kinda sounds like a beef ceviche, lol

Comment

Have not tried it from Primo's yet but really like Dzuiks.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                1 lime can cure 1 lb of ground beef? How long do you you let it sit before eating?
                No the lime juice doesn't cook or cure any of the meat. I usually let it set for about as long as it takes me to either get a chip or cracker after mixing it up in the bowl to eat. You're eating raw meat, its not cooked with the lime juice, its not cured with the lime juice. Its raw.

Think of eating a rare deer/beef steak. We've all eaten at some point under cooked raw meat either a few bites of the thick middle part of a steak. For the Parisa you're just eating a bunch of rare raw steak. Keep it cold, and I've never had it last more than 4 hours, but don't leave it sitting out or snack on it over a couple of days.

Jason Slocum

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
                  I haven't been able to find anyone around here that does it. I asked my processor in Gilbert Woods/Fannett two years ago if he could do it and he looked at me like I was crazy. Seeing these recipes on here I'm going to have to give it a try myself this year.

Also another thing that I love but can't seem to find down here is dried sausage. I have never seen it offered in a processor or even in a gas station like you'll see in the Hill Country. I always just take a few links of my smoked sausage and put it in my dehydrator for about 24 hours or so.
                  It is a real pain in the *** to try to make in SE Texas because of the humidity. My uncle still makes our family recipe every year in Beaumont, but he has to time it with a good dry cold front.

Comment

Sounds like we are gonna be having some Parisa at thanksgiving this year Ricky?

If you find some in the Houston area and need me to pick it up for you let me know, talk at you soon

Comment

This sounds like a great recipe for the tender loins off a big ol' fat doe!! May give it a whirl this weekend...

Comment

My go to recipe.

PARISA

* 1 lb. lean beef (preferably grass-fed), bison or venison
                        * 8 ounces mild cheddar cheese, finely grated
                        * 1 medium onion, minced fine
                        * 1 or 2 serrano peppers, minced
                        * 1 teaspoon garlic powder
                        * 2-1/2 teaspoons salt
                        * 4 teaspoons coarse-grind black pepper
                        * juice from two small limes

The most important thing to remember in making parisa is that everything must be excruciatingly CLEAN. The meat is served *raw*, so there is no compromise here. Also, it should be as lean as possible you want no fat, connective tissue or anything else in there with the meat.

Grind it (or have it ground) through the fine plate on a very clean grinder. Most folks only use meat that they know the source for - can't be too careful here. The addition of lime (or lemon) juice serves to acidify the dish and prevent bacteriologic action. That along with a clean meat source should keep you safe and healthy. I haven't known anyone who got sick eating parisa.

You also need to keep it chilled as you work with it, so set the mixing bowl in some ice or something as you mix it all together. Feel free to adjust the spices to suit your taste! Mix it very well, and chill the resulting mixture for between 4 hours and all night. Goes down best when served on regular saltines and a beer.

Comment

I like it with Fritos scoops

Comment

Originally posted by jonate98 View Post
                            Name of place in needville?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            It was called Lad Pak and Lad's grocery store. Meat market closed and grocery store is now a Lowes supermarket. They called it Dutch Lunch used lemon instead of lime and no peppers or cheese. It was really good..

Comment

Bunch of places along 90 have it, Schott's in San Antonio has it now also. It's starting to pop up in random meat markets here and there.

Comment

I pick up a pound of spicy Parisa every Thursday at the La Coste meat market. Been getting it there for 20 years. Once you have it from there you will throw that other stuff in the trash.

Comment

Working...
                                X