Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RMW View Post
    Pic, of this thick Sucker
    Looks real good. Never done the unwrapped but would love to know how it comes out. I’m like the others, 160 IT and wrap, Pull at 203 IT. I don’t normally serve the same day as I try to cook at work for the next day, but I got to try the wrap and rest with a towel. Used to do that before I got my Traeger but need to bring it back.

Comment

[ATTACH]1061790[/ATTACH]

To the smoke ring guy, they always seem to get a nice ring even with the low temps
      Attached Files

Comment

Where do most of you place your temp. probe while cooking?

Comment

Originally posted by Dbap View Post
          Where do most of you place your temp. probe while cooking?
          I stick mine in the thickest spot, there was about a 10 degree difference. I’m learning here

Comment

Meat Church youtube channel has a few brisket videos using the Traeger. He does a good job explaining everything.

Comment

Just checked and I’m almost completely out, believe it’s some off brand from the El Campo Coop. What’s a good pellet to use for a brisket? Probably run down to TSC

Lumberjack, Bear Mountain and B&B are my preferred pellets and in that order.

I always use oak pellets for brisket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Well here it is, for being a choice brisket it turned out pretty dang good!
                Attached Files

Comment

Got tired last night and ended up pulling and wrapping it before the brisket got a good crust.

Beef back ribs came out good as well.

Came out good though.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Maddox; 09-06-2021, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
                    Got tired last night and ended up pulling and wrapping it before the brisket got a good crust.

Beef back ribs came out good as well.

Came out good though.
                    Looks dam good to me!

Comment

Man… I really like was Matt at Meat Church does. He’s local to Waxahachie but has developed a very far reach in the Smoker community.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsorXoRrV0c"]How to Cook Smoked Brisket | Traeger Staples - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

After we bought our Traeger we used many different types of pellets. Bought some from HEB, Amazon, others mainly from recommendations from posts on the GS. At least from our experience with many brands, all we use now is Pit Boss Competition Blend we buy either from Tractor Supply or Walley World. We get great smoke and the flavor is really great for us. It's a heck of a lot cheaper than many of the "touted" more expensive brands and it's all we have bought for the last year. Always comments about how "dirty" different brands are but we do a quick clean before any cook, get all the "dust" vacuum it out and cook.

Comment

We use the Traeger Gourmet Blend from Costco. Blend of Maple, Hickory and Cherry - 33lbs for $20 - $25.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Maddox; 09-06-2021, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                            After we bought our Traeger we used many different types of pellets. Bought some from HEB, Amazon, others mainly from recommendations from posts on the GS. At least from our experience with many brands, all we use now is Pit Boss Competition Blend we buy either from Tractor Supply or Walley World. We get great smoke and the flavor is really great for us. It's a heck of a lot cheaper than many of the "touted" more expensive brands and it's all we have bought for the last year. Always comments about how "dirty" different brands are but we do a quick clean before any cook, get all the "dust" vacuum it out and cook.

Weird. Pit Boss pellets are known to be low quality using a lot of kiln dried saw dust and other fillers and binders. The very first smoke I did on my pellet smoker was terrible with them. Literally no smoke flavor at all.

After switching to the brands above I’ve always had great results.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Looks great! Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                                Meat Church youtube channel has a few brisket videos using the Traeger. He does a good job explaining everything.
                                This. I really like Meat Church's videos.

Comment

Working...
                                X