Any German pistol experts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any German pistol experts?

Posting this for someone else. Owner wants to know if this pistol has any significant value. His relative bought it long ago after being told these were only carried by a select group of German soldiers or officers in WWII.

Anyone familiar with it?
    Last edited by Katsaregood; 09-25-2021, 09:46 AM.

My grandpa had a few Lugers. Here is some info I found looking them up..

Comment

No expert. The upside down stamping is suspect of defect.
      Do the numbers match? The holster is not original.

The checkering says the German officer was good enough he didnt need to use it, but bad enough he lost his pistol.
      Last edited by Briar Friar; 09-01-2021, 06:01 PM.

Comment

I know there were several different models of Lugers made buy Germany during the way and some are much more rare than others.

Comment

Does it have some type of logo on the top of the toggle bar(DWM-Erfurt-Cross -Mauser or Crown)? If so it will tell you what company made the gun. The 2 numbers on small parts (08) is how Simson & Co. marked their guns with last two numbers of serial number. Not an expert but recently researched these guns. The gun is a P-08 and most likely is 9mm but could be 7.65x21 caliber.

Comment

hum, i would have expected to see markings if it was a german officer gun .. but i'm no expert ... cool piece though ... i want one!

Comment

Value depends on maker, matching numbers, refurbished or not and condition. That bbl length was quite common so there are quite a few in circulation but definitely has some value. Well over 2.5 million made all types and some say as high as 3.5 million made.

Comment

I got one that my dad gave me long ago. Can't help with valve.

Comment

I'm not an expert but the eagle stamp is a proof mark from the Armorer. There should be a WAA140 etc. number under the Eagle which will date it to the actual guys name, plant and give you a date range all number's should match and the stamp should be on several locations. Post more pictures including the magazine, up close please focusing on the eagles and ANY stampings.
                  I had a Browning Hipower matching #'s WAA140 eagles all over pretty rough condition sold it for $800 about 10 years ago it would go for $1200 now.It was kinda funny I took it to a gun show and several guys offered me $200 for the mag!!! I learned later that it had a little stamp that denoted Belgium Army, thus original.
                  The 1 you have there is more desirable than what I had may be worth $5,000+!! need to do more research. Knowledge is power.
                  Oh forget all that I'll give him $800 for it just to help a guy out.I'll even pay the shipping!
                  More pics please

Comment

Oh forgot to mention. In 1940 the Germans over ran Belgium and took over the Frabrique natinionale (Browning) factory. They forced the workers to keep working.thus all the marks of inspection. From what I read they feared sabotage. They killed anyone that produced bad parts!!! so you probably have a good one there.
                    Last edited by kwarw; 09-02-2021, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X