No announcement yet.

Short but very true marriage advice!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I needed this tonight. Sometimes she really frustrates me.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        It’s worked for us - as a matter of fact since 34 years ago today!
        Happy 'versary!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
          Congratulations to all the 'Old timers' above on achieving your commitment to marriage. The wife and I are headed out for our month long 40th honeymoon tomorrow morning. If I could point to just one thing that has kept our marriage together and strong this long, it would be our promise to God and to each other to be together till death us do part. He had a plan for us even before we accepted Him as our Savior. We have made plenty mistakes but He always gets us back on track when we see that we aren't on His path. Like stated above, love is not dependent on emotion, however there will be plenty to go around. When folks ask what would I have done differently to make my marriage better, there are a lot of things that I should have done in another way. But I just have to believe that God allowed both of us to go through those times in order for us to grow closer to Him and to each other. I do know that after forty years, I'm not giving up now.
          The storms of life can be extremely cruel, but it sure is beautiful when the Son shines.
          Wishing the best for all y'all.
          [emoji121] [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106] [emoji121]

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
            I've been real close to this many times. Only by the Grace of God and forgiveness of a loving, allthough very angry, but loving, wife did I avoid it!

Comment

Amen

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                I've been real close to this many times. Only by the Grace of God and forgiveness of a loving, allthough very angry, but loving, wife did I avoid it!

I ain’t gonna say that I won the argument, but I did find myself sleeping outside on the carport one night years ago...until about 2-2:30 when my wife woke up and realized that I hadn’t gotten in bed. She found me when she opened the door, and lovingly said “quit being an idiot and get your butt in here and come to bed” since it was about 40° outside, I sure was glad she knew I was being an idiot and came and got me 😂

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                  I ain’t gonna say that I won the argument, but I did find myself sleeping outside on the carport one night years ago...until about 2-2:30 when my wife woke up and realized that I hadn’t gotten in bed. She found me when she opened the door, and lovingly said “quit being an idiot and get your butt in here and come to bed” since it was about 40° outside, I sure was glad she knew I was being an idiot and came and got me [emoji23]

I slept outside at a resort in the Dominican the first night of our honey moon. It was a bit of a rough start that we laugh about now. Will celebrate 10 years this November.

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                    I ain’t gonna say that I won the argument, but I did find myself sleeping outside on the carport one night years ago...until about 2-2:30 when my wife woke up and realized that I hadn’t gotten in bed. She found me when she opened the door, and lovingly said “quit being an idiot and get your butt in here and come to bed” since it was about 40° outside, I sure was glad she knew I was being an idiot and came and got me [emoji23]
                    Yeah, guess I should clarify, I was in no way saying I won an argument. Just that I was close to being "put out with the dogs" a few times. Lol

Comment

Amen & amen.

Comment

Ain't this the truth

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                          Yeah, guess I should clarify, I was in no way saying I won an argument. Just that I was close to being "put out with the dogs" a few times. Lol

Good clarification! No such thing as winning an argument with your spouse. Even if you win, you lose!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X