X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1-2 mill isn’t that much any longer

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
      Exactly where I plan to retire next year, Rockport, Texas. Why would anyone live where they are now, iif they don't think its the best place to live?
      Believe it or not they pay teachers pretty well in the oil patch (comparatively). Also, some places I'd like to live don't have as good school programs. Just need to get one more out of the house and then we can start looking harder.

I think I'd take the money and split it. Summer home in Idaho and Winter home/ranch in WTX or STX.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
        No it’s not.

Comment

Idaho - somewhere between Idaho Falls & West Yellowstone.

Lots of work class fly fishing within a 60 mile radius. Pretty dang good skiing close enough for day trips. Lots of good hunting. Summers are tolerable. I don’t mind the cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
            Yes it is. 2 million I'm set. See post above yours.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Somewhere out of the humidity, mosquitoes, traffic, crime, and democrats/liberals. Pipe dream for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

Not if you want to maintain your current lifestyle like I want to.

Comment

I live in Michigan but spend a lot of time here in Texas and New Mexico. I would live in Michigan but buy a place in Las Cruces, New Mexico. I love hunting artifacts as much as hunting deer. Can't get on any land here in Texas but the ranchers welcome us in New Mexico.

Comment

I'd pay off our place north of Wimberley. Put 1.6 million in an interst bearing account. Retire at 53. We'd have 80,000 a year for 20 years. No mortgage payment.

Wasn’t the question. If the proceeds came from the sale of another property and instead of paying taxes on proceeds you 1031 on another piece of property. Now where do you move 😁

Comment

I'd pay off our place north of Wimberley. Put 1.6 million in an interst bearing account. Retire at 53. We'd have 80,000 a year for 20 years. No mortgage payment.

You forgot the "move" part. You're talking about staying where you are!

Comment

Colorado.

Comment

Not sure where I'd go. Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Colorado are all possibles but I'd probably move back to Alaska.

Comment

Tell me about this 5% interest bearing account.

You will be able to live on $80K pretax income for your remaining days?

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                              If your number was $3 million I would say Eagle County, Colorado for our 2nd home. Between Beaver Creek and Vail we are smitten!
                              Yup. 1-2 MM ain't what she used to be.

Comment

Sitka, Alaska. Moderate climate, not too cold that is and gorgeous.

Comment

Working...
                                X