• Show
Clear All

Thunderheads work for me

Comment

3 blade 100 gr muzzy.

Comment

3 blade 125 muzzy’s never let ya down

Comment

Im gonna try out the Afflictor K2 fixed next year. Looks sorta like a black hornet on steroids. Pretty solid looking and assembled right here in Texas.

Comment

I've never tried shooting through mesh windows but the best 3 blade I've ever used is the qad exodus. I've tried a pile of heads including IronWill . The Exodus is silent in flight unlike the Ironwill. Tough and sharp. I don't care for solid 3 blade heads because I can't get the shaving sharp. If I can't sharpen them I won't shoot em..

Comment

I shoot Grizzly Stiks and have been very happy with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Kudo points, cheapest single bevel I've found and works great on big boars.

Comment

Been using Thunderhead 100’s for 25 years and I ain’t stopping.

Comment

Why leave the mesh up ?

Comment

Another vote for slick tricks, I have had luck with the magnums.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                        Why leave the mesh up ?
                        Cover.....

and insects

Comment

I’m hesitant to shoot through mesh. After one shot, not gonna do much for insects. Be sure and check how that effects your arrow flight too.

Comment

Originally posted by MnM View Post
                            I’m hesitant to shoot through mesh. After one shot, not gonna do much for insects. Be sure and check how that effects your arrow flight too.

Yes, I would practice first. Always wise to practice shoot from your hunting set up or any changes made to your bow, arrow, or platform. Shooting through mesh is great for concealment. You don't see hunting shows ever shoot through mesh so I am sure it isn't necessary, of course, most hunting shows are hunting deer the rest of us aren't as well. Plus the fact they are recording for a TV show.

I will say from my experience of shooting through mesh that it had no effect on arrow flight. If I am hunting ground level I will shoot with the mesh on. However, if I have a platform elevated above ground then I remove the mesh.

Comment

Thunderheads.

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
                                Yes, I would practice first. Always wise to practice shoot from your hunting set up or any changes made to your bow, arrow, or platform. Shooting through mesh is great for concealment. You don't see hunting shows ever shoot through mesh so I am sure it isn't necessary, of course, most hunting shows are hunting deer the rest of us aren't as well. Plus the fact they are recording for a TV show.

I will say from my experience of shooting through mesh that it had no effect on arrow flight. If I am hunting ground level I will shoot with the mesh on. However, if I have a platform elevated above ground then I remove the mesh.
                                There has to be a sound issue with the mesh! Maybe it doesn’t matter with a blazing fast bow but shooting lower ibo’s it has to matter.

Comment

Working...
                                X