No announcement yet.

Strange dreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Years ago I was listening to the radio and some 'dream guru' was on the program. He was basically saying that every dream means something; that your subconscious or God are trying to tell you something.
    I don't remember all the different things he mentioned (like the forgetting your school locker combination dream, etc.), but I remember he said that anytime you dream of talking on the phone, it is God telling you something.
    He had some pretty hair brained stuff, but it was interesting.
    I hate to think that some of the weird stuff I've dreamed had any meaning.

Comment

Cocaine is a helluva drug

Comment

I don't dream very often but when I do I usually get woke up by my wife kicking me out of bed and making me sleep on the couch.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
          And were off

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
          I laughed.....

Comment

OK…I Googled it…here’s what’s going on…

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
            There were a ton of longnose gar spawning in the water beside it.
            To see fish swimming in your dream signifies insights from your subconscious mind. A fish swimming in your dream may symbolize conception. It appears you might be pregnant…

I picked up the baby to make sure it was OK.
            Dreaming of holding a baby is analogous to holding onto an earlier part of your life where you felt more depended on and more needed. This means you’re getting old and the best times are behind you…

Then a hen turkey came in the back door and started eating corn out of a sack I had on the floor. It put its head in the sack, so I grabbed it.
            To see a turkey in your dream indicates that you are being foolish. You are not thinking clearly. This part of the explanation really needs no further commentary…

Comment

I get weird dreams after eating eggplant for supper.

Comment

Originally posted by boomerball View Post
                a couple years ago my wife suggested I take melatonin as I was having trouble sleeping. she got some at CVS and I took one before bed. can't remember all the craziness from that night except for dreaming about "imposters" coming in the room with masks on to look exactly like her and a few other people (maybe even dead family members). I recall being angry/scared and struggling to yell "who are you" at them. in reality she said I was saying it loudly, but sounded like when you playback a recording super slow. come to find out, it was a large dose of melatonin even though that was what was recommended on the bottle. reminder to be careful about stuff just regulated as "supplements" or whatever
                same here! I have some wild dreams when I take melatonin. That stuff puts me out like a light but only for a couple of hours. After that, I wake up and toss and turn between dreams and waking up.

Comment

Jason Fry...be careful, you may Fry your brain

Comment

I got the flu last week. Took Tamaflu for the first time. I'll never take it again. I had extremely realistic and bizarre dreams.

Comment

I hate talking about dreams. It gives me flashbacks.

About 4 years ago I dreamed that I ate a giant marshmallow.

When I woke up, my son (an albino) was missing.

He was never found.

Comment

Keep a detailed journal. Should you ever get in trouble, you can claim "the voices in my head" told me to do it. Submit your journal as exhibit A.

Comment

So the Bible talks about dreams and visions and they can be very important. Acts 2:7
                          "AND IT SHALL BE IN THE LAST DAYS,' God says, 'THAT I WILL POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT ON ALL MANKIND; AND YOUR SONS AND YOUR DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHESY, AND YOUR YOUNG MEN SHALL SEE VISIONS, AND YOUR OLD MEN SHALL DREAM DREAMS;"
                          When I first got saved I had dreams and visions which I wrote down in a book that I never did get published but that is another story. lol
                          One of my first vivid dreams as most of them were about Grizzly bears, bad nasty ones.
                          I found myself walking through the woods slowly, and realized I was being stalked by a big Grizzly, it was so real I can still see it, I wasn't sure what to do, I kept walking trying to hide but there was no place I could go, I was extremely frightened, I knew that soon I was going to die, there was no way to fight this monstrous beast. Just then I heard splashing down in the creek and I look and there was a doe that was wounded or I felt like she was acting wounded for my sake. Just then the bear turns and goes after the doe and I was able to escape and get out of there. I sat up in bed, winded and scared. I asked God "what was that"? He responded that this is what He did for me when Jesus hung on the cross, He sacrificed Himself for me, He died to give me life. The bear always represented the devil in my dreams.
                          I can still see the dream as if it happened today and that was 13 years ago.
                          I have more bear dreams later.

Comment

I take a small dose of melatonin occasionally if I've gone through a stretch of not sleeping well. It really knocks me out - I will often wake up in the same position I was in when I fell asleep - very unusual for me. (usually toss and turn) Like others, I have found it causes me to have very vivid dreams. I read up on it and most sleep researchers say it is because melatonin lets you fall into a deeper REM sleep which is characterized by higher levels of brain wave activity including dreams. When I wake up after taking it I often have to sit on the edge of the bed for a minute until I can sort out what is reality and what was a dream.
                            Last edited by jerp; 02-10-2020, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                              I hate talking about dreams. It gives me flashbacks.

About 4 years ago I dreamed that I ate a giant marshmallow.

When I woke up, my son (an albino) was missing.

He was never found.

ok...…..Chew wins the internet for the day

Comment

I have very vivid, sometimes bizarre dreams. I can generally remember them pretty well. I have always had dreams like that.

I also get a bit of sleep paralysis at times. It used to scare the heck out of me. Now I can kind of sense it coming on and it doesn't frighten me.

I always wondered if the 2 went hand in hand somehow.

Comment

Working...
                                X