Inks Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inks Lake

I did a quick search and the information was overwhelming. So I will start another..
    We are going to camp out at Inks lake in a couple weeks for my sons birthday. Looking for any fishing tips. Don't have anything specific in mind. Just getting away for a couple days of rest. Any campsite information on which ones are closest to the water is also helpful.

Jump off that cliff!!

Comment

Inks Lake State Park is on the water. Nice place.

Comment

For fishing book a trip with Empty Pockets guide service. Request Graham to take you out. ( he's running my boat ). Fishing on Buch is on fire right now. As far as inks bank fishing can be good. Get some cattle cubes and chum an area.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Brandon. AND My wife was considering cancelling the trip because she knew I would have to jump if we went. Married for 10 years, she may just be correct this one time.

Comment

You can rent a canoe in the park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Heading to Inks state park in two weeks to staying in a "cabin". Looking for any input on fishing. I'll be fishing from the bank.

Anything else we should see when we are there? we will be there two nights.

Thanks!

Comment

The boat launch is currently closed for construction. If you take a boat it will have to be launched from Rockaway RV Park at the north end of lake off Hwy 29. Cost is $10 and the gate is unlocked at 7am and locked at 8pm.

Late evening/early am white whopper ploppers.Even better if water is choppy. I also like throwing chatterbait. Black if water is stained. White/chartreuse if water is clear. Hopefully you'll get lucky and find whites schooling on top. In that case and pop-r, any color.

Comment

I used to have really good luck on bass early in he morning by wading waste deep and throwing top waters straight out as far as I could cast.. I had a few really good days...

Comment

Fishing off either pier on inks can be rewarding, at night the shad gather in the lights. We’ve caught whites, hybrids, largemouth, and stripers on crankbaits anything that dives 2-5 feet. Hopefully the pics work I’m new around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmend308 View Post
                      Fishing off either pier on inks can be rewarding, at night the shad gather in the lights. We’ve caught whites, hybrids, largemouth, and stripers on crankbaits anything that dives 2-5 feet. Hopefully the pics work I’m new around here.

Outstanding! Had no idea they had stripers.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

If you haven't already booked a spot it may be full. It's a beautiful place, but always crowded

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          If you haven't already booked a spot it may be full. It's a beautiful place, but always crowded
                          Crowded it is these days.. Months out on reservations.. Its hard to believe that Back in the "good ole days", the 70's and early 80's, we just drove up there and rented a camp site, and we got the same one 60-70% of the time... My how things have changed...

Comment

We'll be heading down Friday to stay in Cabin #5. Skipping the steamy bow opener to hang and swim with the wife/kids.

We were thinking about stopping for lunch in Burnet and looking for ideas on a good place to eat before we head to the park. Any suggestions!

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                              We'll be heading down Friday to stay in Cabin #5. Skipping the steamy bow opener to hang and swim with the wife/kids.

We were thinking about stopping for lunch in Burnet and looking for ideas on a good place to eat before we head to the park. Any suggestions!
                              What type of food are you wanting?

Comment

Working...
                              X