No announcement yet.

2021 Hurricane Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About 8" of rain here SE of Beaumont. Slept through the worst winds according to my neighbor's reports. No issues personally but there were some sporadic power outages around the area.

Blessed to get through another one.

Tim

Comment

Have a beach house on Mimosa Lane in Matagorda and there was no damage just a bunch of tree limbs in yard, was lucky there was lots of damage around the area.

Comment

The eye went directly over our house. Lots of huge trees down and no power. House didn’t have any damage though so I’m blessed. My daughter lives in Brazoria and got power back yesterday afternoon so we got to take a shower there last night.

Comment

We got power back yesterday evening around 8pm.
          Got about half of the small limbs picked up yesterday thanks to the wife & kids piling them up while I was at work. Should get the rest today. Like others, I feel fortunate.
          My parents have a house in Sargent up the creek a ways, and there was no damage.

We have had 3 flood this year, and I am so glad this didn't turn out to be another one!

I was surprised at how this storm caught allot of people off guard. I know of 5 generator carbs that needed rebuilding yesterday morning, and some folks that didn't even have gas for theirs. I just can't roll like that! I felt insecure with only 50 gallons of gas on hand.....LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post

I was surprised at how this storm caught allot of people off guard. I know of 5 generator carbs that needed rebuilding yesterday morning, and some folks that didn't even have gas for theirs. I just can't roll like that! I felt insecure with only 50 gallons of gas on hand.....LOL
            Lol, you and I think alike. I seems to always over prepare and still doesn't seem like enough. I catch crap from friends n family but he'll, I'm gonna use it all eventually. Lol

The GFS, CMC and Euro show a decent cool front around the 22nd. Come on with it.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

We got power back yesterday evening around 8pm.
              Got about half of the small limbs picked up yesterday thanks to the wife & kids piling them up while I was at work. Should get the rest today. Like others, I feel fortunate.
              My parents have a house in Sargent up the creek a ways, and there was no damage.

We have had 3 flood this year, and I am so glad this didn't turn out to be another one!

Same here. Have enough fuel for five days of power outage, and we live a hour inland. My wife just loves seeing that bill LOL, but the first time we lose power in August, shes going to really appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by Gigem2019 View Post
                Any word from the West End of Galveston? Saw some drone footage from Surfside that looked like they had substantial wind damage as well.
                I drove through Surfside on the way to West Galveston yesterday. Surfside had more road debris and house damage than Galveston.

I didn't see much house damage in Galveston except there were several houses under construction in the framing stage that completely collapsed. The beachside condos at Pointe West had a lot of damage to break-away walls on the ground level. I know at least 3 boats in Sea Isle and 1 in Terramar that came loose from their boat slips

There is still no electricity on the island west of Jamaica Beach.
                Last edited by ken; 09-29-2022, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Commodities I learned go scarce quick during hurricane Laura that I now have stocked up. 30 weight oil. It was all gone. You gotta change oil in those gens. With no power for so long we were able to run our washing machine but not Dryer. Clothes pins, all gone. Propane for cooking, all gone. Spare parts for generator, spark plugs, coil wire, etc. Better have those on hand. Of course I am also sitting on 50gals of non-ethanol gas with startron treatment in it. When we're in the clear from this season I will burn it all in my camper generator during deer season and then re-stock in the spring for next hurricane season.

Comment

^^^
                    Right on!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                      Commodities I learned go scarce quick during hurricane Laura that I now have stocked up. 30 weight oil. It was all gone. You gotta change oil in those gens. With no power for so long we were able to run our washing machine but not Dryer. Clothes pins, all gone. Propane for cooking, all gone. Spare parts for generator, spark plugs, coil wire, etc. Better have those on hand. Of course I am also sitting on 50gals of non-ethanol gas with startron treatment in it. When we're in the clear from this season I will burn it all in my camper generator during deer season and then re-stock in the spring for next hurricane season.
                      Very sound advice!

Rwc

Comment

Working...
                      X