Camper stolen!! TBH??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mzurovec View Post
    Of all the things to steal to gut for parts, about the last thing I'd think of is an RV. Nothing but a bunch of ChiComm plastic in mine and most I've been in. OP sorry you're having to deal with this and I'll be thinking about ours as it sits in storage.
    I had the same thought. Aside from his personal belongings, what good and of value did they get out of it?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry to hear. Sure seems like filing a claim would initiate the investigation?

Comment

That thing has to be littered with finger prints. Their not smart enough to use gloves.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the loss of the camper. Hopefully, you and the family will get back to a point of camping again, and maybe we'll see you back out at Potters. We're out there all the time.

Best wishes, Ken

Comment

Truly hate a thief!

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
              Yes we own a storage facility and our rental agreement specifically states not responsible for lost or stolen items. The thing I have always worried about is if you state security and surveillance and you don't provide it then you could be sued for negligence and void the agreement. I have always just been conservative. Either way the facility should have liability insurance.
              Very well said!

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
                That thing has to be littered with finger prints. Their not smart enough to use gloves.
                LOL

While youre not wrong (and a perfect surface to lift them really), thats an entirely different discussion

Comment

At least they found it for some closure. That suxs.

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
                    I don’t think the for sale ad had anything to do with its disappearance. Why would someone target it just because it was for sale? If they’re looking for a camper to steal in a storage lot just go drive by one and pick one out. There are hundreds to choose from.
                    Agree, mentioning it was for sale here only is strange. As if it being for sale on here only eludes to a tbh related theft.

Comment

Hope they find it unless you don’t mind the total and don’t want it recovered….. I had my truck, enclosed trailer, and all my equipment stolen this year and I wish that truck would have never been found. Been absolute hell with it ever since. They tore it up. Any questions about how much of a headache it will be and how to go about personal items please message me and I’ll give my 2 cents. Good luck on the search I’ll keep eye out along 35 this weekend while traveling

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                        I had the same thought. Aside from his personal belongings, what good and of value did they get out of it?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                        Water heater, AC, fridge, inverter, propane tanks, battery, TV, microwave.....all in short supply recently.

Comment

Price discounted?

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                            Some of these comments are why I don't advertise anything about surveillance at our facility. Go back and read your rental agreement.

Remind me not to store anything at Your Storage Facility

Comment

I'm not understanding the, "they are responsible because their surveillance DVR was inop" It would not have changed the fact that it would have been stolen. I'm doubt the thieves knew or cared that the security DVR was out. Anyone that has ran security systems know most all the systems are cheap Chinese crap, and them going out is not that uncommon.

Comment

Keep in mind the scrap value of copper too. RVs have a LOT of copper wiring in them. Combine that along with the value of all of the hard components inside and I’d bet the thieves could have profited a few grand.

Comment

Working...
                                X