2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
    Couple of late one's showed up yesterday. Definitely some good activity at this new set up. Im actually kind of surprised they are hitting the feeder as hard as they are with all the browse we have.
    Where is your pen

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
      Where is your pen

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
      especially being in the pine trees where deer dont eat at feeders in East Texas

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
        especially being in the pine trees where deer dont eat at feeders in East Texas
        lol

J

Comment

Some of these pens are way overkill, ditch the feeders get you some 36" x 100ft 2x4 14ga fencing from tractor supply sku#362647399. I will try to use the whole roll of fencing depending on how much area I have to work with. After getting the fence tight and setup I fold down 10-12" of the fence, I have yet to have a hog jump in and we do have a big hog problem. Hand corn hand corn hand corn

Comment

Originally posted by Tex21 View Post
            If you want alcohol near Etoile/CR 226 you will have to go to Kingtown. Once on 226 you take a left on Cr 552 and there's a liquor store at Kingtown Landing.
            That would be our place!

Comment

Originally posted by FlightCancelled View Post
              Some of these pens are way overkill, ditch the feeders get you some 36" x 100ft 2x4 14ga fencing from tractor supply sku#362647399. I will try to use the whole roll of fencing depending on how much area I have to work with. After getting the fence tight and setup I fold down 10-12" of the fence, I have yet to have a hog jump in and we do have a big hog problem. Hand corn hand corn hand corn
              I like this idea but wouldn't work if you hunt out of pop-ups on the ground.

Comment

I just tested the new 6.5 Creedmore. Sweet rifle. One less piney woods corn maggot.
                Last edited by Gumbo Man; 08-28-2021, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by U.S.ArmyRetired View Post
                  I like this idea but wouldn't work if you hunt out of pop-ups on the ground.
                  works perfectly fine for my pop ups? Fence is 24"tall after you roll 10-12" down my bucks and bigger does almost can just step over it.

Comment

My bucks are starting to show themselves this week
                    Last edited by Gumbo Man; 08-28-2021, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                      My bucks are starting to show themselves this week
                      Nice bucks, but I don’t see a pen?

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                        Nice bucks, but I don’t see a pen?
                        That’s not the way I roll.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                          That’s not the way I roll.
                          Haha! Right on and nice bucks!

Comment

One month & 12 days to go.
                            My 12 year anniversary falls on the opener this year so I’ll spend it kayaking the upper mountain fork catching ditch pickles on vacation.
                            Group in my backyard are hammering the protein still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Nice deer Hix.

Comment

Thinking about buying some Rack King food plot mix from East Texas Seed company in Tyler. Any of y'all ever used it? Is it any good?

Comment

Working...
                                X