2021 Workout accountability thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
    Welcome back rtp!!! Getting old doesn't suck, it's the mileage that does the damage and that's what sucks. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. 5 surgeries in the last 9-10 years is getting old. I'm about 9 pounds heavier than I want to be and I've been telling myself for years that I was going to change my eating habits and get down to 10-12% body fat. I've finally given up and decided that I'm going to eat for girth.

I may be old, but I can darn sure outlift most of these young bucks!
    Originally posted by quarterback View Post
    Congrats to Landrover and rtp and the others for providing us with much needed inspiration. Keep up the good work gentlemen! I'm just about to pull the trigger and register for the Cowtown half marathon to be held May 8th. I can already feel my lungs and legs burning now.
    Thanks guys. I wont be posting too much but I can assure you I will be in the gym a minimum of 4 days a week and probably 5-6 days.

Right now to ease back in Ive broken up my normal workouts into 2 separate days so I may be in there 7 days for the first few weeks.

Comment

Kicked it up a notch today. Heavy day and 5x5 on chest and 5x10 on triceps.

Incline bench press/weighted dips/incline situp
      Flat bench press/skull crushers/ab roller
      Decline bench press/cable kickbacks/hanging leg raise

Comment

36 miles on my bike yesterday but did not drop any pounds. Another plateau? Probably, as it happens every dang 2 weeks or so. Frustrating as heck but NO EXCUSES.......keep pushing.
        Originally posted by quarterback View Post
        Congrats to Landrover and rtp and the others for providing us with much needed inspiration. Keep up the good work gentlemen! I'm just about to pull the trigger and register for the Cowtown half marathon to be held May 8th. I can already feel my lungs and legs burning now.
        Wow! 13.2 running is only a dream right now for me. But it is in the back of my head for the future. If my right calf would loosen up I think I could at least start running on a regular basis.
        Originally posted by rtp View Post
        Thanks guys. I wont be posting too much but I can assure you I will be in the gym a minimum of 4 days a week and probably 5-6 days.

Right now to ease back in Ive broken up my normal workouts into 2 separate days so I may be in there 7 days for the first few weeks.
        I need to realize I must do the same at this point. I am overly gung-ho when I start as my mind thinks I am back in college throwing steel around.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
          36 miles on my bike yesterday but did not drop any pounds. Another plateau? Probably, as it happens every dang 2 weeks or so. Frustrating as heck but NO EXCUSES.......keep pushing.

Wow! 13.2 running is only a dream right now for me. But it is in the back of my head for the future. If my right calf would loosen up I think I could at least start running on a regular basis.

I need to realize I must do the same at this point. I am overly gung-ho when I start as my mind thinks I am back in college throwing steel around.
          Oscar are you varying your speed on your rides or pretty much staying in the same zone for the entire ride?

Comment

Oscar are you varying your speed on your rides or pretty much staying in the same zone for the entire ride?
            Oh yea! Pushing pretty hard, changing gears, getting huge lactic acid burns in thighs. Just finished 12.44 miles before the rain. Gonna hit it again in an hour or so. My body figures out it is under pressure and hangs on to the reserve fat like a tick on a hound. All good, as I will win!

Comment

Oh yea! Pushing pretty hard, changing gears, getting huge lactic acid burns in thighs. Just finished 12.44 miles before the rain. Gonna hit it again in an hour or so. My body figures out it is under pressure and hangs on to the reserve fat like a tick on a hound. All good, as I will win!
              Brother I know that feeling all too well. If you are using any type of heart rate device, try to sprint if on flat land or climb a hill as hard as you can for a few minutes getting your heart rate up into the low 170s then throttle it down until your heart rate is in the mid 120s to mid 130s then stay there for a few minutes and repeat.

It is crazy how well our bodies adjust to what is going on whether it is exercise or diet. We have to keep our bodies guessing at what is coming next. And yes, we will win! Keep it up!

Comment

Brother I know that feeling all too well. If you are using any type of heart rate device, try to sprint if on flat land or climb a hill as hard as you can for a few minutes getting your heart rate up into the low 170s then throttle it down until your heart rate is in the mid 120s to mid 130s then stay there for a few minutes and repeat.

It is crazy how well our bodies adjust to what is going on whether it is exercise or diet. We have to keep our bodies guessing at what is coming next. And yes, we will win! Keep it up!
                You are the 2nd person to tell me about a heart monitor. I know nada about them but will look into it. Is this a Academy Sporting Goods item or a specialty item?

Comment

You are the 2nd person to tell me about a heart monitor. I know nada about them but will look into it. Is this a Academy Sporting Goods item or a specialty item?
                  I have a garmin vivo 3 music watch that has all sorts of functions on it including heart rate monitor. Simply wear it on your wrist like any watch and switch over to the HR mode when exercising if you want to keep track of what is going on there. It is very helpful in the quest to burn fat effeciently while exercising. I just gave you some ballpark heart rate numbers to aim for but they should work. Basically Im getting you into zone 3 which burns more carbs than fat and then takes you down into the low end of zone 2 which burns more fat than carbs. The more time spent in zone 2 equals more fat burned but you dont want to be there 100% of the time. Spiking your heart rate and then letting it come back down is where it is at for cardio. There are all sorts of plans to do it. I just gave you a simple one that is easy to control while bike riding. I love the bike because it is so much easier on my balking knee than running on a treadmill or outside on the pavement.

Comment

I have a garmin vivo 3 music watch that has all sorts of functions on it including heart rate monitor. Simply wear it on your wrist like any watch and switch over to the HR mode when exercising if you want to keep track of what is going on there. It is very helpful in the quest to burn fat effeciently while exercising. I just gave you some ballpark heart rate numbers to aim for but they should work. Basically Im getting you into zone 3 which burns more carbs than fat and then takes you down into the low end of zone 2 which burns more fat than carbs. The more time spent in zone 2 equals more fat burned but you dont want to be there 100% of the time. Spiking your heart rate and then letting it come back down is where it is at for cardio. There are all sorts of plans to do it. I just gave you a simple one that is easy to control while bike riding. I love the bike because it is so much easier on my balking knee than running on a treadmill or outside on the pavement.
                    You rock!!! [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122] I will look on Amazon tomorrow or geaux to Academy and Best Buy if cruising around. Thank you!!![emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm pretty sure I tore some stuff up on Friday. After hitting my head on the attic entrance door jam I had a HUGE abdominal cramp. It was so bad I had this huge lump just below my rib cage on the the right side. I swear it looked like my wife's abdomen when the baby would stick a foot out. My first thought was I was going to die in the loft and my second thought was it was a hernia. It's gone away, but it hurt for quite some time. Any ideas?

Today was back and leg day. Supersets 3X8-10

Bodywieght wide grip pullups/supersquat/incline situp
                      BB row inverse grip/sled leg press/ab roller
                      V-bar row/bodyweight ring pullup/incline leg raise

Comment

Missed yesterday but thats the only day since last week

Comment

225 pushup yesterday and 12.6 miles on bike ride. I joined the Mission 22 push up challenge this year.

Comment

I have a garmin vivo 3 music watch that has all sorts of functions on it including heart rate monitor. Simply wear it on your wrist like any watch and switch over to the HR mode when exercising if you want to keep track of what is going on there. It is very helpful in the quest to burn fat effeciently while exercising. I just gave you some ballpark heart rate numbers to aim for but they should work. Basically Im getting you into zone 3 which burns more carbs than fat and then takes you down into the low end of zone 2 which burns more fat than carbs. The more time spent in zone 2 equals more fat burned but you dont want to be there 100% of the time. Spiking your heart rate and then letting it come back down is where it is at for cardio.
                            Just got the vivosmart 4......hopefully I can make it work....lol.[emoji848]Click image for larger version

Name:	20210405_162401.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	24648873

Comment

Chest and biceps today. 3 supersets with a strip set at the end. Lots of people in the gym this morning doing the same thing so I rearranged the order I had planned on.

Seated wide grip chest press/ preacher curl/ab roller
                              Incline bench press on smith every setting to flat/BB curl
                              Incline bench press on smith every setting to flat/hammer curl
                              Push up/overhead cable curl

Comment

Cardio, Chest/Tris and core this AM

Comment

Working...
                                X