Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats!!

Comment

Wow congratulations. Did you keep the meat. I have heard that it is very good.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
        Great story and shot OP.

My guess is she was indeed tracking you. I used to hunt out around Junction. One morning I was walking into the stand, about 3/4 mile walk, when I just got that feeling that something was watching or following me. I even turned around a couple times with a red light to see if I saw anything but nothing was there. I walked quickly to my blind and closed the door. Needless to say I didn't see any game. Finished my morning hunt and headed back to the ranger. As I was walking back I began scanning my tracks where I walked in. Sure enough, I found some cat prints that had been laid over the ones where I walked in. The ground was soft enough and we had a dew to show they were fresh that morning. IT wasn't a big cat, either a juvenile or large bobcat, my bet being the latter.

Still gives me a little tingle thinking about it hahaha.
        I've had that feeling more than once walking in really mornings. I just convince myself that I'm crazy. Let's just say, I will definitely be carrying my sidearm from now on lol

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
          Congratulations! Most likely she was cruising and checking your feeders for deer or other edible prey. There's a reason that you placed the blind where it is as you thought it gave you the most advantages over deer at the feeder. The lion was approaching the feeder from this same direction as she knew it gave her the greatest advantage to catch a deer at the feeder. Tells me that you have your blind in the right spot.

Great shot under pressure!

Adios,

Gary
          I've thought this as well but I'll never really know. It'll be in my head everytime I make that little over 1/2 mile trek early mornings lol

Comment

Awesome story! Thank you for sharing. This is why I get nervous every time walking to my blind. HAHA

Comment

Originally posted by TxHunter06 View Post
              I've had that feeling more than once walking in really mornings. I just convince myself that I'm crazy. Let's just say, I will definitely be carrying my sidearm from now on lol
              Yes sir, either a rifle I can swing fast or a pistola every trip after that.

Comment

Thanks again for all the congrats! I told my wife as we were leaving the ranch, I guess I'm done hunting this year. She said really, you haven't even got a deer yet. I asked her how am i gonna top this [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Comment

Originally posted by freerhunter16 View Post
                  WOW! Trophy of 10 lifetimes!
                  ^^^this! Congrats!!!

Comment

Congrats! Awesome trophy

Comment

Dream experience for sure, congrats!

Comment

What a dream

Comment

Congrats! Bucket list there. Wow!

Comment

Awesome. That's one off the bucket list. Unfortunately when I'm leaving my blind after dark in the evening's I'm going to be wondering if the feeling that something is following me is real haha.

Comment

I dont hunt much
                              But when I do...I kill mt lions w my bow..🤣
                              *** yous a badazz

Comment

Thats awesome. Good job. Looking forward to seeing the mount!

Comment

Working...
                                X