X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

love the qad

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
      I don't understand what you mean here Sleepy; do you mean you don't like the the arrow is being raised during the draw cycle?

And how do you feel it is more cumbersome to load the limb driven than the locked-up type?

I'm not trying to convert you to limb driven, I'm genuinely interested in your thoughts on these two things.

Just seeing this.

Yes, I don’t like the fact that my arrow is moving upwards as the limbs load the rest during the draw cycle. I want the arrow positioned and stationary besides going back with the draw.

Any of the limb driven I have seen or used, it is captured all the way around. You have to “thread” your arrow through the front or rear. A QAD or RipCord type fall away I can side load. Just less movement.

Even though the limbdriven are full captured, the arrow is still capable of ALOT of movement if walking around with a nocked arrow. The QAD type have a tighter capture.

A lot of people love the limb driven rests. I just don’t care for them.

Comment

Yup Hamskea.

Comment

I'm a QAD fan. A bow I purchased 7-8 years ago had one and I haven't looked for another since. Never had any issues. I haven't had to do it but basically they come with a life time warranty. For $25 they will rebuild the rest and supply the consumables that come with a new one - no proof of purchase required. The new UMXT model is pretty sweet with that it's micro-adjustable. Very easy to fine tune and know exactly how much you are moving.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
            Just seeing this.

Yes, I don’t like the fact that my arrow is moving upwards as the limbs load the rest during the draw cycle. I want the arrow positioned and stationary besides going back with the draw.

Any of the limb driven I have seen or used, it is captured all the way around. You have to “thread” your arrow through the front or rear. A QAD or RipCord type fall away I can side load. Just less movement.

Even though the limbdriven are full captured, the arrow is still capable of ALOT of movement if walking around with a nocked arrow. The QAD type have a tighter capture.

A lot of people love the limb driven rests. I just don’t care for them.
            The Hamskea Hybrid Pro Hunter is full containment but has the ability to side load through a narrow rubber bendable gap. To further fully secure the arrow while at rest, Limbdriver offers a small rubber triangle that mounts to the arrow shelf with double sided adhesive backing. The arrow clips into it and it holds the arrow still until you begin to draw. I used it for many years with my original Limbdriver rest with no containment, without any issues. When I switched to the Hamskea, I ordered a new triangle arrow holder and mounted it on so now I have the full containment plus that rubber arrow holder. Works awesome.

Comment

Arrow holder

Here's the rubber arrow holder that came with my old Limbdriver rest. Ram used to make them, but I've only been able to find them on Vapor Trail's website. They work great as long as your arrow shelf is flat.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hamskea Trinity Hunter is legit! Pricey but I really dig mine.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_DReezen View Post
                  QAD offers a clamp on style now to the cable, so should be fairly easy to replace in the field (if need be and parts are available).
                  Unless you have a hunter QAD it’s a PIA to put a new cord thru the thum cocking part and getting the rubber thumb piece back on and line up seamlessly again.

Comment

on the hamskea hunter micro tune, is the micro tune adjustment worth the extra $20?

Comment

QAD. When hunting I like to keep my rest locked up and ready to go.

Comment

Originally posted by smende1 View Post
                        on the hamskea hunter micro tune, is the micro tune adjustment worth the extra $20?
                        In my opinion yes.. I switched from qad a couple months ago.. I hated trying to tune with the qad because when I would loosen the bolt enough to move the rest it would either move way too much or the bolt would move it when tightening it back .. micro tune and the hamskea are both better...

Comment

Originally posted by smende1 View Post
                          Keep in mind you are paying for a feature you are only going to use once, when setting it up, and then maybe never again. While non-micro tune rests are more finicky to set up initially, you only have to do it once.

Having said that, I buy the micro tune rests; so yes, I think they are worth the extra price.

Comment

I run the Hamskea hybrid pro and really like it. I went back and forth between it and the QAD. Sometimes i wish i had the ability to lock the rest in the up position, but overall i think the Hamskea is a better quality rest.

Comment

If you want to shoot super accurate long distance go limb driven with spring steel launcher.
                              If you're furthest shot is 30 yards just get a qad or ripcord

Comment

I have a Hamskea Trinity in the classifieds if anyone is interested.

Comment

Working...
                                X