why doesnt anyone want to work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why doesnt anyone want to work?

Im having the hardest time hiring help... seems like Ive had the ad out for 3 months now and 2 of the 3 applicants were no shows for interviews. Usually I have more apps than I can look at!

I am assuming the govt stimulus?

Yes govt stimulus. More people are flush with cash right now than ever before. No one can hire enough people.

Comment

I've heard that from a few people. Not a theory as much as what their own employees have told them.

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
        Im having the hardest time hiring help... seems like Ive had the ad out for 3 months now and 2 of the 3 applicants were no shows for interviews. Usually I have more apps than I can look at!

I am assuming the govt stimulus?
        That would be my guess...lazy people getting paid to be lazy

I have taken a small handful days off here and there in the last few years, for fishing trips, bookend days to make a "weekend" vacation a couple days longer, and a couple of funerals. I don't comprehend the lack of self respect that some folks have for themselves, that will allow them to sit on their butt and suck off of the govt tit

Comment

It's pathetic. My parents and grandparents as well as my siblings and I would be completely embarrassed to take a dime from the government (aka my neighbor) to not work. I would rather clean porta cans than take money from the government, if I could work but couldn't find a job.

We need to end welfare for all able bodied people. Let them get hungry.

Comment

Gotta offer a lot more money than what they are being paid not to work.

Comment

Same problem here, starting to see an increase in applicants now.

Comment

Some one in my linked in network posted that an applicant in an interview straight up told them their start date needs to be X after their unemployment stops. Lmao what tha?!?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  Gotta offer a lot more money than what they are being paid not to work.
                  then there's that.
                  Is like pulling teeth to get people to do anything now days. wow

Comment

I can show you how to turn $40 into $400.

Take $40 and fill up your gas tank and go to work and make $400.

Comment

Picking back up the last three weeks for us. Was at a restaurant in Phoenix a week ago and that was the first week they had full staff in over a year per the manager.

Comment

I can say I was unemployed for 10 months. Was working for United Airlines, till COVID happened.
                        Since then I’ve been applying over 30-60 jobs in the last 10 months, but no one wanted to hire me.
                        Was recently able to find work from a family friend. The issue is, it’s not something that I applied to get a job. This was more of an easy way out of unemployment.

My problems are the opposite of yours.

Your having issues with hiring, and im having issues with getting a job.

Comment

I’ve been hearing this from everyone, it’s especially noticeable in the food service industry. I have been super lucky with my employees loyalty, and I sure hope it continues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

People used to be embarrassed to be on unemployment. Today's day and age it is quite the contrary.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                              We need to end welfare for all able bodied people. Let them get hungry.
                              lol good luck with that, we're being outvoted because half the country is on some sort of government handout.

Comment

Working...
                              X