No announcement yet.

How far is your land?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently had to move for work and am now about 5 hours away which isn’t ideal.

In a perfect world I’d be less than 2 hours away. That allows for quick day trips if needed without being a huge hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When I lived in Houston the drive to EL dorado and sterling city seemed unbearable like 8-9 hours, now they are better from here but the back does need a couple of stops to stretch
      And forget about the wife going she hates to drive

Comment

1.5 hours, driveway to gate. I go every other weekend, year round and more during deer season.

Comment

30 min. Wish I could walk out the back door though

Comment

3.5 to 4 with a kicker small place 2 hrs away. If it wasn't middle of no where, it wouldn't be what I want it to be.

Comment

20 minutes....until we get a house built.

Comment

2.5 hours door to door. 35 minutes of that is the ranch road, it’s a 2 beer ride

Comment

400 miles. Drive out there is not bad. Drive back is always brutal. Probably because I don't really want to come back.

Comment

We used to drive 8 hours but that was 20 years ago. Now I live on the property I hunt. It's a lot smaller, but sometimes I can just go out for a short walk and shoot a hog. Or a deer, depending on time of year.

Comment

1hr 15min.

Comment

Walk out the back door. Used to have a couple hundred acres about an hour away but after I retired I spent too much money there. Sold it for a nice profit and don’t miss it.

Comment

I like to keep it to 3 hours each way but with my budget beggars cant be choosers.

Comment

How far is your land?

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                            Walk out the back door.
                            X2...it’s ruff [emoji28]
                            Before we moved to our land this past summer the 4.5 hour drive to it wasn’t bad and now that we are driving back to Brazoria county to visit relatives regularly it’s getting easier. We use to make a 5+ hour drive when we were hunting in London and for some reason that took its toll on us

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                              6 1/2 hours & go every 2 weeks & sometimes more. I have never had a problem driving though.
                              My only thoughts on your deal is make sure you have something worked out to split the place etc , if it doesn't work out being partners. I sure you probably have thought it out though.
                              Yessir. I told him that straight up. Everything in writing. It’s possible that both parties could be happy if the property was nice. We’ll see.

Comment

Yes I’m a perfect world you’d live on your property. Still stuck here in Katy. Wife is 14 years younger than me. Remember that you younger guys. It’s nice until you retire. When she hits retirement age, if I’m alive I’ll be 80. So right now it’s me and our special needs son making the trips. It gets hard on me doing all the driving and trying to remember everything. It’s all for him though. He wants a place to set up some snake hides so we can catch some king snakes and milk snakes. Gotta keep going as long as I can. Sure helps when you have a close friend. Most of mine are far away or real far away, like Heaven away!

Comment

Working...
                                X