Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabelas credit card change to Capital One...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing that I did that I was glad I did was I used all my points before the change. I was afraid I would lose them and I had about $1100. Glad I did that now.

I just got off the phone with them. They gave me a $30 credit for the stop payment fee from the bank and also credited back $131 worth of interest that was charged to me because of the lost check. I guess (hope) everything is back in order now.

Comment

I paid my bill early knowing they were switching over. I didnt want to deal with the bs.

Comment

Had a small fit yesterday when my bookkeeper informed me that account had been hacked. Long story short she had paid Cabelas in full by Bill Pay through the bank and the debit showed going to Capital One on our transaction report, we did not have a Capital One account listed with Bill Pay. Talked with the bank, Bill Pay and automated Cabelas account balance, payment was made to Cabelas electronically and due to the change from Visa to MasterCard payment was routed through Capital One.
        As of this morning the Cabelas auto balance reflects posting of payment and talked to Capital One about new card. There response was new card will arrive between now and December just continue business as usual as Cabelas Visa is still fine until I get new card and activate.
        Will still have to go change all the auto pays by that Visa card to new card, not good. May just pick another card as Primary Card.......

Comment

I stopped payment on the check the day I found out all this BS was going on. Called Capital One and they credited me back the late fee. My points are still good, but I only have about $30.00 left. I have some recurring charges, Dish TV, car wash, gym is all that I usually have go on there. I charged a bunch of stuff to that card after my surgery ( I went stir crazy) and I'm going to pay it off next month, AGAIN.

I'm going to shop around for another points card. I've always enjoyed shopping at Cabelas but the recent changes to the stores, discontinuing certain clothes items that I used to purchase on a regular basis, and the point system has lost its stardom in my eyes.

Comment

I haven't had the issues as some with my cabelas card. The transition was fairly smooth BUT I am thinking of canceling it. You get points to buy merchandise that is more expensive and it is not a locally owned business in my area. Why get points to pay more for stuff I can get cheaper? Why not get a different card? Seriously considering this because Cabelas has become a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
              My Cabelas' card is my primary CC but I pretty much stopped shopping at Cabelas' for that reason.

It's about time I get a new card. Points are worthless when it takes $75-100 worth of points to get to competitors pricing
              THis is my exact thinking also. My card is Bass Pro but same logic

I am looking at a cash back card

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
                WHen they made the switch my rate went up so I paid the card off at that time for the amount due well some how it ended up being 498 dollars more than I owed ?/ no idea how that happen as it very clear what your current balance and pay off is as you can look it . Well anyways i asked for a refund as it was clearly an error on their end. NOPE no refunds and I have a credit well i just went and used the credit and closed the card down .

Really bent out of shape over how its currently being handled .
                Great way to build credit

20% or 75% rate to me, idc bc I pay it off in full each month

Comment

I have the Bass Pro card. I too am going through this nonsense with Capital One. I've spend roughly 30 minutes, 2 different times on the phone with them. They just don't seem to be capable of getting it right. I'm done with both Capitol One and Bass Pro Shop. Like others, I'm looking for a new rewards points credit Card.

Comment

I haven't had an issue with my Cabela's card at all, but I did get an email today from Ducks Unlimited about their card and the rewards program is way better in my opinion.

1% back on everything
                    5% back on sporting goods store purchases
                    5% back on gas
                    No annual fees

Points redeemable in several ways including cash back, merchandise, travel and gift cards. Looks like I'am about to be opening an account...

Comment

Originally posted by RealTreeHunter View Post
                      I haven't had an issue with my Cabela's card at all, but I did get an email today from Ducks Unlimited about their card and the rewards program is way better in my opinion.

1% back on everything
                      5% back on sporting goods store purchases
                      5% back on gas
                      No annual fees

Points redeemable in several ways including cash back, merchandise, travel and gift cards. Looks like I'am about to be opening an account...
                      Dang that's a pretty good little set up. I may have to switch from capital one over to the du card. Do you know what company they are using?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I hate Capitol One. I hate their tv commercials.

I pay most bills with my PNC online banking. I made the Cabelas payment earlier this month with no problems.

Comment

Long term Cabela's customer, had two gift cards and points with them last week. Went to the Buda store same story. One of their customer service folks took care of me, i cashed out my cards and my points. Bps sent me a new Cap one card. i have my old Cabelas card that i put all of my large purchases on, and have for years. it was nice to cash them in one time purchases each year. Now im going to cut them up and do business elsewhere.BYE YALL, Had all i can stand Thx

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                            Dang that's a pretty good little set up. I may have to switch from capital one over to the du card. Do you know what company they are using?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                            "Cards are issued by First Bankcard®, a division of First National Bank of Omaha, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A., Inc. VISA and VISA SIGNATURE are registered trademarks of Visa International Service Association and used under license."

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                              Ya'll better check your accounts. Due to the stupid change over to Capital One, payments aren't being credited in a timely manner. They still haven't cashed my check so they showed my account as past due and charged my a service charge. I jut got off the phone with them and gave them a piece of my mind. The charge has been taken off, but this is the last straw. I'm done with Cabelas and Bass Pro.

Called me while in the deer stand. Said I was past due. Same thing as above. First person said that the payments were not being handed over by Bank of America. Called back after I verified the date on the check. I was laughed at by a supervisor. Once explained she apologized. One hour of my life wasted for ever......done Cabela's black!

Comment

It happened to me Saturday evening. Capital One called and said I owed them 140 dollars and was past due. I told the lady I have been a black card holder for years and pay it off every month. It went on and on and she finally said well did you pay Capital one or Cabelas. I told her Cabelas sent the bill and I paid it and I have never had a 140 dollar bill. She said she would put a 10 day grace period hold, so I could pay my bill. I told her Cabelas and Capital One needs to get on the same page and I have heard numerous people say the same thing. I'm done!

Comment

Working...
                                X