Truck damaged at dealership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
    Let them fix it. Chances are they are just going to run it through their body shop like any other repair. I doubt they go to their body man and tell them to do a half *** job on your truck. It’s not a conspiracy. Been there done that.
    This ^^^. I worked in a bodyshop for a dealership for 12 years. It will be repaired just like any other job in the shop. If it's a reputable dealer you should have nothing to worry about. Drop it off and get in a rental. Pick it up when it's done.

Comment

Crazy how worked up folks can get over their possessions. Let them make it right. Take some blood pressure medicine. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They don't want bad publicity so it'll be repaired like any ost truck there.

Comment

I'm a shop foreman at a Ford Dealer. When this happens we take care of it! Period! No Questions asked! That's why we carry insurance! It should be fixed to factory!

Comment

Originally posted by Toolman View Post
            I'm a shop foreman at a Ford Dealer. When this happens we take care of it! Period! No Questions asked! That's why we carry insurance! It should be fixed to factory!

Would you happen to be at Gene Messer?

Comment

I hope everything gets figured out OP.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                Crazy how worked up folks can get over their possessions. Let them make it right. Take some blood pressure medicine. Lol

Yep. 1st world problems. I bought a new Honda Accord Touring for my DD to keep the miles off my diesel in March. Pulled up in the yard 15min after I left dealership and my lab pup jumped up on the door. Scratched the shiznit out of it. They all gonna get scratched. Get the first one out of the way and you’ll sleep easier.

Comment

You should read the thread where I took my wife's Escalade to the dealership for service. They broke her windshield and dashboard, tried to fix it thinking I wouldn't notice. Yeah totally not awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
                    OK Gents, I need some advice.
                    I won’t name the dealership YET!!! Because after going up the chain of command, they said they will repair it.
                    Went in for an oil change and when my truck was ready, I noticed two large red paint stains in the driver door, when I looked closer it was dented and two areas where the paint was chipped, I ran back and got the service guy and showed it to him. He told me to pull around the front, when I examined the truck to find ANOTHER SCRATCH (long dent) like it was rubbed against something on the rear passenger side of the bed as well....
                    At this point I’m losing my MFing mind....
                    The service manager comes and says they will take care of it, then shortly after speaking to the service guy, he comes back and says they’ll fix the door, but NOT the scratch in the back because it was there before !!!!! ***!!! I tried to keem my calm, but I did drop a couple of F bombs.....

I asked for his manager, who was an older, nicer gentleman and after he listened to both of us and me tell him the truck is my baby and I barely drive it and take great care of it, he said he’ll take care of both dents and smiles!!!!
                    I was very upset up to this point and asked him to put it in writing and he did....

So, at this point, my only concern is they may not do a good job because it’s a free and caused by them and just do a sloppy job where the damage will show or the paint not match, etc.

My question is,
                    what do I need to do between now and when I drop off the truck on Monday and what should I tell them to ensure they return it back to me like it was before?!!
                    This is going to ruin my weekend, all I can think of is them not repair the dents and chips properly and I’ll be stuck with a half*****ed job.
                    If its a dealership like Ford, chevy, dodge, etc..... they should have no problem fixing it right. I would save my stress and worry for after the fact.

Comment

What kinda truck was it?

Comment

Give them a chance to make it right and go from there. If he has already admitted fault I'm doubting you will leave less than satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by chunkinlead View Post
                          Would you happen to be at Gene Messer?

Pollard Ford

Comment

Dropped off the truck this morning,,,, they'll have it for the whole week...

He said they send their work to "Herb's Paint and Body" but didn't specify which location,,,, I'm assuming Plano!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
                              Dropped off the truck this morning,,,, they'll have it for the whole week...

He said they send their work to "Herb's Paint and Body" but didn't specify which location,,,, I'm assuming Plano!!!
                              Or Allen. Good luck to ya. The Herb's in Allen fixed some front end damage on one of our cars. They did a good job.

Comment

terrible that happened also terrible you have to fight so much for them to fix their own mistake. hope all works out

Comment

Working...
                                X