No announcement yet.

Last minute hunt was a blessing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heckuva buck! Congrats. As for the mount...go big! You earned it, and he deserves it.

Comment

I guess so! Magnificent buck. Congratulations to you.

Comment

Nice looking deer.

Comment

My taxidermist is going to pull something out of her hat but a little like the McKenzie 8900 series but with his face “straight on”. She wants to showcase the tine length and the width as well as his body. He was really something to look at, big bodied, dark color. Just beautiful and they aged him to over 6.5. Almost like someone’s missing a hf deer lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Nice buck, congratulations!!

Comment

Awesome hill country deer, they don’t get much better than that! Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations on a nice buck

Comment

That’s awesome, congratulations!

Comment

That is a beautiful buck! Huge congratulations.

Comment

Wow, That's a really nice Buck Congrats!

Comment

Awesome buck, congrats!

Had y’all seen this deer before, had him on camera or whatnot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Actually no but we haven’t been managing this ranch much past a year. I stopped running trail cameras so I can’t say he hadn’t been there the whole time. I think I started loosing a little of the “fun” of hunting with all the “recon” with the cameras.

We started focusing on being good stuarts of the land (I don’t know if I used that word correctly). Anyway, we just changed the game a little and decided to direct out attention to working the land, providing what the deer need and letting everything grow until the bucks are 5.5 and older before killing any. I think this is the best decision made. I passed on a BIG ten point too because I think he was about 4. I’d like to see him grow until he’s 6 or older.

Comment

Lol **stewards of the land. Google is a wonder [emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by mmlreiner View Post
                              Actually no but we haven’t been managing this ranch much past a year. I stopped running trail cameras so I can’t say he hadn’t been there the whole time. I think I started loosing a little of the “fun” of hunting with all the “recon” with the cameras.

We started focusing on being good stuarts of the land (I don’t know if I used that word correctly). Anyway, we just changed the game a little and decided to direct out attention to working the land, providing what the deer need and letting everything grow until the bucks are 5.5 and older before killing any. I think this is the best decision made. I passed on a BIG ten point too because I think he was about 4. I’d like to see him grow until he’s 6 or older.

I agree with the cameras/ recon, sounds like a great plan y’all have going on an evidently it’s working well.
                              Congrats again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's a stud

Comment

Working...
                                X