Comment

Deer

Originally posted by STGS View Post
      Purina Antler Max 20%

Thanks

Comment

Wow! Lookin good Jeremy!

Comment

How old are these bucks? It's also interesting to me that your early growers are also hanging out together.

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
            How old are these bucks? It's also interesting to me that your early growers are also hanging out together.
            I think they are 6-7 yrs old. One might be 5, but I am not sure which buck he really is.....

As for hanging out, they have always done it. One was a bit of a loner last year, but he got killed by a hunter. There are a couple more that are growing faster than average, but nothing like these 3.

Comment

I think they are 6-7 yrs old. One might be 5, but I am not sure which buck he really is.....

As for hanging out, they have always done it. One was a bit of a loner last year, but he got killed by a hunter. There are a couple more that are growing faster than average, but nothing like these 3.
              Good stuff. Thanks!

Comment

I think this discussion has happened before - are they so early because of genetics from other parts of the country?

Comment

Originally posted by PassnItOn View Post
                  I think this discussion has happened before - are they so early because of genetics from other parts of the country?

We focused our breeder genetics on deer that were Texas based with long histories of Texas genetics. This was done for lots of reasons that aren't necessarily germane to this conversation. It does bring up the age old question of "Nature vs Nurture", as these deer are clearly early growers relative to many of the other bucks, including other offspring from deer released onto the ranch. The last deer released into this ranch were born in 2014. None of these specific bucks were released, but were likely the offspring of deer previously released.

Comment

We focused our breeder genetics on deer that were Texas based with long histories of Texas genetics. This was done for lots of reasons that aren't necessarily germane to this conversation. It does bring up the age old question of "Nature vs Nurture", as these deer are clearly early growers relative to many of the other bucks, including other offspring from deer released onto the ranch. The last deer released into this ranch were born in 2014. None of these specific bucks were released, but were likely the offspring of deer previously released.
                    So your saying you didn't waste 100's of thousands of dollars feeding protein, mineral, cottonseed, soy beans, peas and other forage to grow these deer, naturally like a real hunter, so they could jump the fence and get shot by the neighbor who pays to lease his spot??????? How selfish of you!! I would never do that, even if I could afford to!!!!!

Signed: Karen Huntress

Comment

Where is ole' box frame?

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                        Where is ole' box frame?
                        I have a suck feeling in my gut..... I am not seeing him.

Comment

I have a suck feeling in my gut..... I am not seeing him.
                          FML...seriously?

Comment

If you are talking about the deer I think you are talking about, I hope he is just hiding due to all the rain!

I know we have lost 2 studs since last season......not on par with the deer you are talking about but still VERY nice deer.
                            Last edited by TildenHunter; 07-09-2021, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X